What's new

Apple Watch Series 7 Buyers and Owners Thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Portrait is my default face. I'm surprised how much I like it.

IMG_1408.jpeg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I recommend Portrait mode for pets, for some snaps. They can come out great and give a perspective you don’t get from normal photos.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's what the photos don't show: I've got 24 portraits (the max the face allows) that the Watch cycles through. I'm showing my cat rather than people, because, internet. :)

It made me realize I need portraits of friends. I want more people to cycle through on my watch.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Given all the upgrade issues you have I’m going to say it’s you. I have no idea what non standard stuff you are doing but it’s complicating all your moves
Nothing non standard. How do you even do non-standard stuff on ios? I don't run betas. I don't jailbreak. I run the the migration as prompted on screen. And it just doesn't work particularly well.

Well, my "non standard" use is upgrading from four year old hardware instead of buying new devices every year like I'm supposed to.

Apple does a great job of supporting old hardware. Until it's time to upgrade to new hardware. Then their migration software is still a mess.

You need to stop blaming the victims and recognize that Apple software is imperfect. :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Surprisingly, happy to hear this. Don't need anything motivating me to buy the 8th watch in a row. I was hoping to take a year off.

The biggest juice websites like these bozos get is complaining that refreshes aren’t redesigns. Fuck them and their dumb opinions.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve settled on four faces for normal use:
1) The new S7 analog face that curves onto the full edges with the complementary blue to my dark blue watch body
9AECAEE2-5239-4E9E-B785-758495AE4BC3.jpeg
2) Portraits, which I’ve got friends and family and cats. I just wish this was automated like Photos.
DCECC825-A584-471E-83FE-692212E9BD9C.jpeg
3) Photos (Dynamic) This has been really fun (after it synced, about a 24 hr delay from activation). It’s currently showing a partial eclipse from a 2017 eclipse party.
0B11219B-21D9-4C68-83C1-B880A2D63740.jpeg
4) Infograph for workouts. Somehow I completely missed this watch from the S4 or S5 era. I was frustrated that the S1 era Modular duo was still the most advanced multi-widget face. Then I saw my wife using this face and after some comparisons realized this is the the best multi-widget face overall for me. I still wish for a truly S7 designed 5+ Complication face. But Infograph gets it done well enough.
7A036803-D85D-4F91-8368-EAACE6C24D9D.jpeg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
@DaveF I know I’m going to do a face palm smack after you tell me, but what do the 27 and 39 numbers mean on the first face?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Apple Watch continues to be my absolute favorite product from the company.

Here are my favorite faces...

incoming-0462464C-E0E4-45A1-8B6D-735CB9A77024.PNG

Exercise is one of the most important things in my life and this is set up to show the closing of my RINGS when I use the activity app to monitor my Peloton and treadmill workouts. Also, have the handy calculator app for when I am in a restaurant and need to figure out the tip. Fantastical shows that I still have the movie DRIVER to watch, which was recommended by a friend.

incoming-A492911A-0C40-4751-9FC1-A27347436AB3.PNG

Of course, this seems to be one of the most favorite designs of the new S7 watch faces

incoming-63E3F89E-927E-42CD-8A35-95247042559E.PNG

I think my girlfriend was speechless when she saw that I was touting a photo of her and me on my watch

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Apple Watch continues to be my absolute favorite product from the company.

Here are my favorite faces...

View attachment 122403

Exercise is one of the most important things in my life and this is set up to show the closing of my RINGS when I use the activity app to monitor my Peloton and treadmill workouts. Also, have the handy calculator app for when I am in a restaurant and need to figure out the tip. Fantastical shows that I still have the movie DRIVER to watch, which was recommended by a friend.

View attachment 122407

Of course, this seems to be one of the most favorite designs of the new S7 watch faces

View attachment 122408

I think my girlfriend was speechless when she saw that I was touting a photo of her and me on my watch
Bad Hair Day for the win!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That’s neat how the Calendar widget in Infograph shows next event on the dial. I hadn’t seen that. (I don’t use calendar much on the Watch because my personal calendar is mostly empty.)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The new USB-C charging cable for my Watch died. I think a recent power outage killed it. But no other adapters or cables on that surge protector were affected.

20 minutes on chat with Apple and they're mailing a replacement. $30 hold fee pending return of dead cable. So that's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks