What's new

Anyone use this to wall mount center speaker? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hi All, I have an AC300 center speaker that weighs about 20 lbs. I need to mount it on the wall since my RPTV isn't strong enough to have it sit on top of the set. Has anyone used this wall mount for mounting anything, be it a center channel or TV? Just trying to get a feel for if it will do the job. At Circuit City they are all in boxes and have no display models so I can't tell if it will do the trick or not.
Thanks!

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Well, I'm pretty sure it work, but the only thing that would concern me is that the center is not flush with the front of the screen. The sound is going to be considerably different reflecting off the top of the TV. See if you can try it in that location temporarily first before you decide.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking about that too. I think it will be close, though. I was going to try mounting it a little bit higher than the top and then angling down, since I only have one row of seating (couch). I could raise it so that the downward angle would pass over the top edge of the TV (hopefully that's possible). Or I could line the top of the TV (it's only 6" wide up there) with corkboard or sound dampening material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks