What's new

Anyone out there buy The Sims for the Xbox? (1 Viewer)

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking about picking this up and was wanting any impressions or opinions on this version.

James T

Screenwriter
I tried this out. I wasn't too impressed with it. The Get a life mode really isn't worth it. It's pretty much what you do, normally in the Sims, except you unlock items for doing those goals this time. If you've played it on the PC, then don't even bother with this. It's the exact same game. If you have never played the Sims, then
I still recommend the PC version. Hot Date addon is worth getting the PC version over the console.

The 3rd animation is a step up, but that's not worth the price of this game.

Richard Waller

Second Unit
Has anyone had problems using the wallpaper feature? My wife and I have had nothing but problems when trying to wallpaper the interior of an outside wall. The game keeps putting the pattern on the outside of the house.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I've seen the PS2 version but I didn't know that The Sims was available on X Box. I would never pay MSRP (maybe half that) but this is one of those titles that I might give a shot if I can find it used (unlikely since I haven't even seen it new). On second thought I wouldn't buy this even used. I tried it on the CPU and it was fun for about two hours but beyond that I felt like I was spending more time and energy trying to make The Sims happy than I was on improving my own life on a daily basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks