What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (2 Viewers)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Now they are all late for their "25th Anniversary Editions" again.
You're right, but still better late than never. Maybe they intended to release them in 2020 but they got delayed by the pandemic. Maybe they just wanted to release them in 2021 for whatever reason. It's still a good thing that they are coming out.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
You're right, but still better late than never. Maybe they intended to release them in 2020 but they got delayed by the pandemic. Maybe they just wanted to release them in 2021 for whatever reason. It's still a good thing that they are coming out.
Disney has always been known for their promptness

1626319896723.png
;)!

To no one's surprise the new selection is Luca ...
1626319995581.png

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Those are all retaining the original artwork too if I recall correctly. That's a nice touch.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Yeah, I lived through the 1990s the first time. I'd rather experience a time I wasn't alive for when it happened.

Interesting fact about The Big Green: an actor in that film named Billy L. Sullivan was very briefly on the short-lived Golden Girls sequel The Golden Palace.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Went into the chat to cancel this evening and they gave me the option to re-enroll. Same offer that's been standing for a while -- 5 for $1, Dalmatian blanket, free shipping, options for the $12 and $8 bonuses. Told me to log out after the chat and go to JoinDMC.com and enroll again. It's been about 4 hours and I still can't sign up because my e-mail is still in the system. Oh well, no big deal, because I was expecting to have to wait the week out to sign up again.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Went into the chat to cancel this evening and they gave me the option to re-enroll. Same offer that's been standing for a while -- 5 for $1, Dalmatian blanket, free shipping, options for the $12 and $8 bonuses. Told me to log out after the chat and go to JoinDMC.com and enroll again. It's been about 4 hours and I still can't sign up because my e-mail is still in the system. Oh well, no big deal, because I was expecting to have to wait the week out to sign up again.

I've always found it easiest to change email since there isnt' a delay in having to do a full purge of the current email acct and they just have to deactivate it. I know a lot of frequent flyers just alternate 2 addresses. This is assuming that at least you can't signin into your old account -- if you can still sign it, the CSR didn't clear your acct at all.

Someone on Bluray yesterday said they cancelled and re-enrolled immediately on a single chat -- never heard of that
happening before. I've heard of a few CSR doing that on a phone call, but not a chat.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Someone on Bluray yesterday said they cancelled and re-enrolled immediately on a single chat -- never heard of that
happening before. I've heard of a few CSR doing that on a phone call, but not a chat.
I saw that post and I suspect they didn't do the full enrollment in the chat. Like me, they probably just got the promo code and a faster account clearing. I got the exact same message that they put in that screen shot.

I was able to get re-enrolled this evening, so within 22 hours or so of the chat. They gave me promo code 47532.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Here's the latest bonus list, put in spoilers to keep the page size down.

Soul
Mulan (2020)
Toy Story 4
Spies in Disguise
Moana
Lion King (animated)
Black Panther
Frozen II
Onward
Bambi
Little Mermaid
Lady and the Tramp
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hocus Pocus
Fox and the Hound 1&2
Coco
Monsters Inc
Nightmare Before Christmas
Up
Pocahontas 1&2
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
Frozen
Finding Nemo
The Aristocats
Inside Out
Sound of Music
Pinocchio
Beauty and the Beast (animated)
Wall-E
Peter Pan
Brave
Avengers Age of Ultron
Zootopia
Ratatouille
A Bug's Life
Snow White
Finding Dory
Big Hero 6
Princess and the Frog
Tangled
Toy Story
Incredibles 2
Beauty and the Beast (live action)
A Goofy Movie
Call of the Wild
Maleficent 2
Avengers Endgame
Lilo and Stitch

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Here's the latest bonus list, put in spoilers to keep the page size down.

Soul
Mulan (2020)
Toy Story 4
Spies in Disguise
Moana
Lion King (animated)
Black Panther
Frozen II
Onward
Bambi
Little Mermaid
Lady and the Tramp
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hocus Pocus
Fox and the Hound 1&2
Coco
Monsters Inc
Nightmare Before Christmas
Up
Pocahontas 1&2
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
Frozen
Finding Nemo
The Aristocats
Inside Out
Sound of Music
Pinocchio
Beauty and the Beast (animated)
Wall-E
Peter Pan
Brave
Avengers Age of Ultron
Zootopia
Ratatouille
A Bug's Life
Snow White
Finding Dory
Big Hero 6
Princess and the Frog
Tangled
Toy Story
Incredibles 2
Beauty and the Beast (live action)
A Goofy Movie
Call of the Wild
Maleficent 2
Avengers Endgame
Lilo and Stitch
Is it good or bad that I basically have all of these :rolleyes:?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Is it good or bad that I basically have all of these :rolleyes:?

Only bad if you wanted an easier signup with DMC.

Just remember that those are only teh handful offered at the end of signup -- if you have them all (or don't really want any of those specifically) you can always contact DMC within a few hrs after signup and add/exchange for a different enrollment eligible item you'd rather have.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I wi

I wish the 50s and 60s were back. Hell, i'd even take the 70s.
I wouldn’t mind the concentration on 90’s films, if we got an occasional 50’s and 60’s release on BD. If Disney did so, the last 2 -3 years , most of the films we’re yearning for would be out!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Updated Active Promo Codes -- a couple of the US update expired

Terms
101 Dalmatians Blanket
5 Titles for $1 on Initial Signup with 3 Commitments required (19.95+ regular priced item with no customer discounts applied)
1St Bonus - 11.95 counts as the 1st commitment so ONLY 2 more to buy in 24 months,
2nd bonus - 8.95 does not count as a commitment
US customers get Free Shipping on all movie orders forever.

DMC US PROMO CODES
- 1st active in March 2020 so may be getting close to expiration
66619 - 1st active in Jan 2021 as far as I can tell
66623 - also showed up in the last 2-4 weeks
47532 - newest code (same terms)

The Canadian side (DMC Sign-up page, make sure to scroll to the bottom and switch to "View Catalog for Canada")
now appears to have a new and excellent PROMO CODE for the first time in 6 years with terms almost the same as the US Club except it doesn't appear to have Free Shipping perk. The best code since 2015 had 4 total commitments and the only active code the last couple years required 5. A bit of YMMV, this code has been active and inactive on the website a couple times this week so not sure if DMC is getting bugs worked out or it's a glitch. A couple folks at bluray.com were able to sign up with it over the phone even when the website was rejecting it.
DMC Canada PROMO CODE 47558

NEWEST DMC EXCLUSIVES available for members to order Sept 7, 2021 (new signups can't use them for their intial picks, but do qualify as a Required/Fulfillment pick as long as you order them at $24.95 ea

The Watcher in the Woods (1980)
Something Wicked This Way Comes (1983)
Flight of the Navigator (1986)

Watcher.jpg
Soemthing Wicked.jpg
Navigator.jpg

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
For those that may have been waiting for recent releases to be enrollment eligible to consider a sign up

All these BD's became eligible over the last couple weeks

Watcher in the Woods
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Flight of the Navigator (before buying this, read the comparison to the Region Free recent UK non-Disney Release)
Cruella
Black Widow
Make Mine Music (note the still missing Martin and the Coys segment and small 'editing' to a few frame of All Cats)
Melody Time (uncensored, but some controversy over the very low spec lossy Audio track -- 96kbps)

It will likely be a couple months before Rons's Gone Wrong, Jungle Cruise, Shang Chi to be eligible for initial picks but certainly could be used as the Full Priced items to complete an enrollment
Free Guy will be 60 days out within a couple weeks so possibly pre-Christmas

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
And for those who need it, need to replace it, or just interested:

There is a listing up in Canada from one of the Wholesaler for Jungle Book (1967) Anniversary Edition.
Absolutely no details except it's not a DMC Exclusive and doesn't appear to have he Signature Label.
Prebook Date appears to be Jan 7 which would normally mean release late Jan or Feb.
The DMC cycle for Jan starts Jan 25 so I'd consider anything 1/25-2/22 a possible date

Assuming everything runs par for the course, I'd expect it to be identical to the Diamond Release maybe with a few things removed.
Personally I'd look for a copy of the Diamond release with Slipcover if I needed a copy

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Various bits of news from Disney though much confusion on the Details

I addition to Jungle Book 55th Anniversary (1967) above, DMC has listed Snow White 85th Anniversary release as a DMC exclusive with a new slipcover and 1 or 2 new extras it appears for Dec,

These may or may not be DMC Blu-ray exclusives coming in February. My strong guess is they will be exclusives, but there is at least a Canadian listing for preorder which at least raising some questions.
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers Complete Series
Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure / The Complete Series

Chip n Dale -- Canadian Preorder

Jungle Book, The: Anniversary Edition - 1967 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) -- Canada

307498_large.jpg

Available to own 3/22/22

To celebrate its 85th Anniversary, this Club Exclusive release includes the Original 1937 Theatrical Movie Poster Art plus a Blu-ray Disc with New Bonus Content "How Snow White Changed Animation Forever".

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Jungle Book (1967) just announced as a wide release. Preorders listed on several sites including importcds, Deep Discount and BestBuy. I would expect all the other ALLIANCE supported/owned stores to have their listings up soon. It's not even listed on DMC yet,

55th Anniversary (Non-Signature)
BD+DVD+Digital
UPC 786936893892
Release Date 2/22/22

4041048-2784368.jpg

Nothing else known for now, but very likely just a basic repackaging of the prior disc. I'd love to see them add the open matte HD version as an option or some new bonuses, but I'm not holding my breath for either.

At least it fills in the one hole in the Classic releases that has been unavailable for new purchases or even Digital purchase

EDIT:
A different variation with unique slipcover exclusive to DMC. I think most of the Bonus listed are retreads
2258690.jpg

Blu-ray™ Bonus Extras Include:
• @DisneyAnimation: Sparking Creativity — Go Behind The Scenes With Top Disney Animators • Alternate Ending • Music, Memories & Mowgli • I Wan'na Be Like You — Hangin' Out At Disney's Animal Kingdom • Special Introductions — By Diane Disney Miller And Richard M. Sherman • DisneyPedia: Junglemania! Bonus Varies By Format.

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
4041048-2784368.jpg

Nothing else known for now, but very likely just a basic repackaging of the prior disc. I'd love to see them add the open matte HD version as an option or some new bonuses, but I'm not holding my breath for either.
You mean the full screen version? as there's been a debate for years now which is the right aspect ratio for the animated Disney films from1961 with 101 Dalmatians to 1973's Robin Hood.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
You mean the full screen version? as there's been a debate for years now which is the right aspect ratio for the animated Disney films from1961 with 101 Dalmatians to 1973's Robin Hood.

Basically that;s what I want and have read most of the discussions/arguments about what it should be. I spent much time with the DVD going back and forth and though I know the Original Theatrical Ratio wasn't 1.37 , I think the film looks better with the taller ratio. The composition looks better, the backgrounds look more completed, heads don't feel like they're being cramped. I don;t want to replace the OAR, I just want the alternative/optional ratio added though I'm not sure that has ever been upgraded to HD transfer.

I don't like the term Full Screen since it hasn't been for nearly 2 decades since Full Screen has been 1.78 for 20 years.
Full Frame might be a better term, but I've heard Original (or Full) Animated Ratio, Whole Cel, TV-Safe Ratio (at least in 1960-1980 terms), even people misuse the Pan/Scan terminology (though I've also seen some P/S chops where people lopped the sides off the 1.66/1.75/1.85 presentations) , but Open Matte seems to be most accurate to my brain.

Floyd Norman once said specifically that the segments he worked on were designed for WideScreen

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks