What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
New Featured Title is Soul.

I see a bunch more Fox titles added like Bohemian Rhapsody and Jojo Rabbit. When I go to the DMC site while logged out to look for enrollment picks, they show up but with a "members only" tag. Seeing as that's how the Star Wars movies are labelled, I'm guessing that means these movies aren't enrollment eligible?

Correct.

They added almost 20 new mostly Adult oriented Fox movie yesterday. These are mostly type movies that they haven't added from the Disney stable in years. Up until 2013-2014, they had a decent amount of Adult Movie (Touchtone, Hollywood Pictures and straight Disney/BV label stuff) then they basically stopped adding those for years.

Most of that line were never enrollment type items and the few that were enrollment eligible they removed almost all of them a few years ago in one of the big Website Updates (dropped from around 350-400 eligible items to 200-250).

This is the list of BD and 4K they added yesterday (or most of it anyway)
All About Eve Blu-ray
Bohemian Rhapsody Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Code
Bohemian Rhapsody 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
Brooklyn Blu-ray
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Blu-ray
Cast Away Blu-ray
Cleopatra Blu-ray
Ford v Ferrari 4K Ultra HD+ Blu-ray + Digital
Ford v Ferrari Blu-ray + Digital
I, Robot Blu-ray
Jojo Rabbit 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
Jojo Rabbit Blu-ray + Digital Code
Juno Blu-ray
Life Of Pi 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World Blu-ray + Digital Code
Moulin Rouge Blu-ray
Patton Blu-ray
The Grapes of Wrath Blu-ray
The Hustler Blu-Ray
The Post 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
The Post Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Code

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I knew my DMC cycles would be slowing down because the more I bought, the smaller the selection would become. But the pandemic really ground it to a halt. After I got Star Wars 9, I expected to cancel and re-enroll within a couple of months to get ready for Black Widow. Alas, just about all new releases got delayed.

Finally, I gave up on waiting for new releases and enrolled for my 10th cycle in October, got 5 for $1 and the bonus at $11.95. (Waiting that long let me get Onward and Frozen 2 as enrollments.) I preordered the Fantasia set for one commitment. When I noticed the new Fox titles, I starting scheming another order. I was debating on going ahead and doing the B1G50 or using a $20 title for the last commitment and try to unlock the B1G60 offer. As I did the cost analysis for the titles I was interested in, I opted for the B1G50 as it actually came out cheaper overall. I used the Santa Clause 3-pack as the full priced item, which in reality is only paying $10 per movie, which helps my average.

6 Enrollment titles - $12.95
Fantasia - $34.95
Santa Clause 3-pack - $29.95
Jojo Rabbit 4K - $15
Bohemian Rhapsody 4K - $12.50
Unbreakable - $10

The total was just over $120 after tax was added. Counting Fantasia as two movies (I already had Celebrating Mickey) and Santa Clause as 3, I averaged $8.62 for 14 movies.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Now that Disney+ is streaming such as ISLAND AT THE TOP OF THE WORLD, have we seen the last of their catalog live-action films being released to Blu-ray?

That would suck.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I find it odd that the Club sent an email advertising the ways to see Raya and the Last Dragon (on Disney+ with Premier Access) but no mention of a blu-ray/UHD/DVD. Isn't this the home video club?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Just like with prior theatrical-only releases, DMC can't/won't/probably shouldn';t advertise Discs until Disney actually announces their release. In the past that was usually 90-120 days after theatrical release. Disney has a tendency the last 2-3 years of not announcing Home Video releases until 3-4 weeks prior to street date.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Small update and some good news for Canadian Members.

Updated Active Promo Codes -- a couple of the US codes recently expired

Terms
101 Dalmatians Blanket
5 Titles for $1 on Initial Signup with 3 Commitments required (19.95+ regular priced item with no customer discounts applied)
1St Bonus - 11.95 counts as the 1st commitment so ONLY 2 more to buy in 24 months,
2nd bonus - 8.95 does not count as a commitment
US customers get Free Shipping on all movie orders forever.

DMC US PROMO CODES
- 1st active in March 2020 so may be getting close to expiration
66619 - 1st active in Jan 2021 as far as I can tell
66623 - also showed up in the last 2-4 weeks

The Canadian side (DMC Sign-up page, make sure to scroll to the bottom and switch to "View Catalog for Canada")
now appears to have a new and excellent PROMO CODE for the first time in 6 years with terms almost the same as the US Club except it doesn't appear to have Free Shipping perk. The best code since 2015 had 4 total commitments and the only active code the last couple years required 5.
DMC Canada PROMO CODE 47558

Update on the best known signup codes with the announcement of new BD exclusives.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I still haven't gotten my Fantasia set.

The USPS tracking has said this since April 9:
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
AUSTELL,GA 30168

Usually the latest I get preorders is the actual release date.

It's kind of annoying that DMC does the "do not deliver until this date" junk right now. I mean, the USPS doesn't need any excuse to run slow.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I still haven't gotten my Fantasia set.

The USPS tracking has said this since April 9:
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
AUSTELL,GA 30168

Usually the latest I get preorders is the actual release date.

It's kind of annoying that DMC does the "do not deliver until this date" junk right now. I mean, the USPS doesn't need any excuse to run slow.

Definitely odd -- my package sat in Austell for a couple days, but delivered Saturday (that's the earliest I ever get DMC preorders) so all packages certainly not being treated identically. Austell is a transfer point and not the place it would usually be held -- that's usually Glendale or a local Post Office. Mine usually sit in Charlotte Distribution center or my local PO.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I find it odd that the Club sent an email advertising the ways to see Raya and the Last Dragon (on Disney+ with Premier Access) but no mention of a blu-ray/UHD/DVD. Isn't this the home video club?

Just like with prior theatrical-only releases, DMC can't/won't/probably shouldn';t advertise Discs until Disney actually announces their release. In the past that was usually 90-120 days after theatrical release. Disney has a tendency the last 2-3 years of not announcing Home Video releases until 3-4 weeks prior to street date.

Disney already announced the Blu-ray for Raya which will be released on May 18. I haven't seen any pre-orders available for the physical edition yet from any retailer though.

I wouldn't overthink why Disney is sending advertisements to members of the club. They probably think members of the club are interested in seeing their new movie. They'd love to sell it to you on Disney+ and then sell it to you again on Blu-ray. They might also think that people might be more apt to buy it as a disc if they've already seen the movie. Even though DMC and Disney+ are different divisions of the company, ultimately it's all Disney and any money they can get you to spend with another division is still given to something under the Disney umbrella.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
FWIW, Best Buy is not listing an exclusive 4K SteelBook for Raya. They do tend to have listings for their exclusive SBs prior to any official announcement. I'm surprised they don't have one, but I was surprised they didn't do 4K SBs for the Star Wars films up through The Force Awakens (plus Rogue One). Maybe they didn't want to compete with the Skywalker Saga set, but that wouldn't account for Rogue One.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
At least so far -- BBY not listing any Raya discs nor does Zavvi who tend to put theirs up even earlier than BBY.

Like you, I'd be shocked if it doesn't get a SB from BBY so I'd expect to see something by May 1 at least

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Definitely odd -- my package sat in Austell for a couple days, but delivered Saturday (that's the earliest I ever get DMC preorders) so all packages certainly not being treated identically. Austell is a transfer point and not the place it would usually be held -- that's usually Glendale or a local Post Office. Mine usually sit in Charlotte Distribution center or my local PO.
Just as I was getting ready to fire up the chat, I checked the tracking and it finally updated. It got to the regional distribution center today, so it'll probably get to the local post office overnight and delivered tomorrow.

But yeah, a solid two week gap in the tracking.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
1620112913313.png

Only DMC VIPs can get this M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E deal <_<!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Like other sites Raya 4K, BD, and DVD now up for preorder. A bit unusual for DMC to add titles in mid cycle though it seems to be happening more frequently lately.

$5 discount on Preorder/New Release which means it's not eligible for additional discounts and makes using it for a trigger item a bit tougher.

The Bluray does appear to be a bit unique and lists a Unique DMC cover and an O-sleeve (slipcover). I think this slipcover has one of the Release Poster artwork. I'm not sure the std BD release has a slipcover at all if it follows recent release trends.

2133820.jpg

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
From the DMC Exclusive thread at Bluray.com from a poster who has been dead on in the past about upcoming releases. No dates given, but I'd expect to see these over the next 2-4 cycles

Also, a few of the upcoming releases are:

Herbie Fully Loaded
Ice Princess
The Kid
The Pacifier

2 I'm looking forward to and Ice Princess I'd certainly like to have. The Pacifier is the Boatniks of the list though I know a lot of people that like it -- like Kindergarten Cop and the style.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Black Cauldron looked like it switched to enrollment eligible in the last 24 hours. Last night, I was poking around in incognito mode and it gave me a "DVD-only" error when I clicked on checkout. Tonight, no error. (Although I learned that Ice Age: Collision Course isn't available on blu-ray as an enrollment.)

Might be time to cancel and re-enroll to get ready for the Black Widow preorder.

Any word on what the latest "bonus movie" list is? I'm hoping Dumbo, Aladdin, or Soul are available in that group.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am no longer a member but I was reading the following titles are now available…

The Big Green
Man of the House
Tom And Huck
A Kid In King's Arthur's Court

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Every single one of those movies came out in 1995. Every single one. Two of them I saw in theaters because one had Runaway Brain. Now they are all late for their "25th Anniversary Editions" again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks