What's new

Anyone here into Martin Logans??? (1 Viewer)

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Esl have no equal. I have a pair of ml quest in my listening room and love them. Everytime I listen to them, I shake my head at how beautiful they sound. They are a little tricky to setup and do need the correct amount of room behind, to the side of them and nothing in between. But once they are dialed in, you will be blown away. To answer your question john yes ml will rock. Most people who say they don't are not powering them correctly, with 250wpc you will be fine. The only ones that have a problem rocking out are the smaller speakers in the line such as the aerius, aeon and below.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Donald Shrum

Stunt Coordinator
I would have to slightly disagree with you Dave. The arius do rock, they rock well. But you are right, they have no equal.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I own a Descent Sub, and I love love love it. By far the best sub I have have ever heard costing less than 10k!

I have alot of experience with other ML product, and I feel thatthe Ascents and Aeons have the best value of the bunch.

Luis A

Second Unit
Jeremy,
I totally agree with you about the ML Aeon, and Ascent speakers. I have a pair of Aeon main, Cinema, and four Scenario surrounds in my wifes office all running off seven B&K REF220M monoblock amps. I actually prefer watching movies, and listening to music on her system rather than my M&K theater. Of course I don't tell her this since I'm slowly tying to convince her to move the MLs to my theater, and the M&Ks to her office.:)
L

Bob Lvl

Grip
I am in the process of saving for a ML surround sound system. The 2 systems I am considering are the Aeon orthe Ascent speakers, with the Cinema cnetre and Script surrounds. My concern is in choosing the Ascents is the size of my room. My "theatre" will be in my living room which measures approxiately 21 by 15 feet with an 8 foot ceiling. I will be driving the speakers with a Denon 4802 receiver. Any thoughts?

Miles_W

Second Unit
Bob,

I do not think that you will have an issue with Room size,

Is there any chance you can run the 21 as the "length" that way you will SAF permitting have sufficent room to place the speakers properly ( I have about 4 ft behind my logans) other than that I would suggest that the Aeons are far better speakers than Scripts, however unless you envision yourself listening to a lot of multichannel music the scripts would be sufficent for HT...

Bob Lvl

Grip
Thanks Miles,

Yes, I intend to use the "21" as the length. I can place the speakers about 3 1/2 feet from the back wall. I know placement of the ML's is fairly critical to get the best performance.

I will be using the Aeons (or Ascents) as the front speakers and the Scripts for the surrounds. I will be using the Scripts mainly for HT. Most of my music listening will be stereo, using only the fronts.

Miles_W

Second Unit
Bob,

have you listened to older Logans, you might be able to catch a break on the price this way. January of this year signalled a fairly large price increas on ML's... a pair of used Aerius i's or sl3's can be had for as little as 1000us for the aerius and 16-1700 for the sl3's depending on vintage. If you are able to obtain the serial number you can derive the date of manufacture from it.

here is an except from an email from Martin Logan outlining how...

Hello Miles and sorry for the delays... You can tell date of manufacture by

the last two letters of the serial number. For example AEAF000-001: The

letter "A" will be the year 1989, and the letter "F" the month of June. The

years begin with 1989 with each letter after "A" being the next year, "B"

will be the year 1990. The months are "A" is Januaray "B" February...etc.

I hope this helps... Let me know if you have any other questions.

Aeons at 5K cdn are not the bargin that Aerius i's were at 3600... If you scout around you may well be able to find a demo pair with Warrenty still on them at a great price..

Good luck hope this helps!

Another Martin Logan Fanatic...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks