What's new

Anyone have a Denon 1603? (1 Viewer)

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I owned one for almost a year.

It was an OK receiver for the price.

If you want to drive some efficient speakers in a smaller room it should do well. I found the music side kinda thin and harsh compared to my current reciever (admittedly a rotel that costs 3 times as much).

I guess it depends on what you are comparing it to. If it is a comparable or cheaper JVC, Pioneer Sony or Yamaha then I think it is probaly better. If $ budget is tight and you want a NEW reciever you should be happy with it. If you can stretch up some $ to say a Denon 2803 or NAD T752 you'lll be in a whole other class.

If your future plans are limited it should be a good value and provide you with a step up from the "cheap stuff" if you have asperations of expansion then you might find it limited as it has no pre outs and only 5 channels.

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
I have it and it is awesome for the price!
By the price I mean $200 dollars at www.6Ave.com and it IS a certified Denon dealer.
I have it running a take5.2 setup and it has never faltered, and is sounds great.
I would Highly reccomend this reciver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks