Anyone else having problems with A Bug's Life on the PS3?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Scott_J, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

I bought the Bug's Life Blu-ray last Sunday at Toys "R" Us and got around to watching it last night. It froze around the 32:00 mark. I took it out to try to check it/clean it and put it back in and it wouldn't play at all. I eventually got a "This is an invalid disc" message. So I exchanged it today for another one. I watched it this afternoon, starting from where I left off in the movie last night. It was working fine, then at about the 1:23:00 mark, it froze and did the same thing as last night. I ended up popping my SD DVD of the film into the PS3 so I could watch the end since I'd never seen it before.

I'm using a PS3 with the lastest firmware on it. With both discs, after having the problems in the PS3 I tried them on my laptop's BD-Rom drive (with PowerDVD DX 8.1 software) and neither disc would play at all in the drive.

Anyone else having a problem with the disc on the PS3 (or any other player for that matter)? I haven't read any complaints about it so it doesn't seem to be a widespread thing. I'm wondering if the store got a bad batch (although the first copy had the Up ticket code inside, the second didn't so I don't know if they're from the same batch). I'm going out of state next weekend so I'll try exchanging it at another TRU to see if I have better luck with a disc there.

2. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I used a PS3 to review it, and mine had no trouble with the disc at all.

3. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams Supporting Actor

Bleddyn Williams
    I literally finished watching this about 15 minutes ago on my 40GB PS3. No problems whatsoever.

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I'm using a Samsung standalone and it worked fine for me.

5. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

Worked fine on my Sony BDP-S350.

6. Robert G

Robert G Stunt Coordinator

I originally played ABL in my PS3 with older firmware (2.5?) and my wife played it with my daughter tonight with the latest firmware. Both times it played fine.