What's new

Anybody out there race cars? (1 Viewer)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
All,
Since I've been hijacking Charles' thread looking for advice on test-driving and buying, I thought I might start my own.
I've been trying to sell my '80Z28, to reduce my number of expensive hobbies, but, instead, I meet car nuts everywhere I turn, sucking me back in. I've been into cars for a lot of years (basically since high school- 15 years ago), but have never raced competitively (not for money, trophies, bikini-clad women dumping champagne on me:emoji_thumbsup: ), but I have done some for fun. Mostly 1/4 mile stuff (mostly for my benefit- it's essentially real-world dyno tuning), and a few times on the Autocross tracks for kicks.
I'd like to play some on some road courses (all the cars I've set up have always been slanted in this direction, anyway), but don't really know how to get into it. Not interested in having to do a full-on race car, or bumping doors with 20 of my not-so-close friends- just getting out on the track and going fast (legally for a change;) ).
Anybody out there into this- a sort of run-what-you-bring, showroom-stock, man-against-machine-against-clock kind of thing? Does it even exist? What are your stories?
All you magazine racers can come in, too.;) (reference to another thread where I was accused)
Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks