What's new

Death Race 2 (1 Viewer)

bugeyes

Agent
Real Name
simon
I'm probably in the minority here... but I'm wondering if anybody else is looking forward to Death Race 2?

It comes out Jan 11th.

It's the prequel to Death Race, the Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil) movie with Jason Statham (The Transporter) and Ian McShane (Deadwood). It was a remake of Death Race 2000 with Sylvester Stallone and David Carradine.

Anyways, the first Death Race is a really underrated action movie... awesome cars, great stunts, great one-liners. A definite guilty pleasure film.

The prequel seems to have a pretty great cast: Sean Bean (Boromir from Lord of the Rings), Ving Rhames, Danny Trejo and Robin Shou (Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat!). Here's the trailer -

Looks pretty rad for what it is. There will always be a place in my heart for cheesy action movies!

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I really like Death Race with Statham and I also like Death Race 2000 with Carradine but I do not consider the newer one a remake. They are nothing alike other than people driving cars with machine guns and rockets and maybe you could stretch it to include a commentary on the future population's lust for violent entertainment. I just saw the poster for Death Race 2 but I wonder if it will be as good as Death Race. This is both sequel and straight to video although the production values look a little higher than normal for such fare.

Looks like a rental is in order.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
First was not a remake of Death Race 2000 for the reason Chuck stated.

There's a trailer for the new one on the Blu ray of Catfish.

Looks like an exact copy of the previous one from a couple years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks