What's new

Any word on unreleased Frankenheimer? (1 Viewer)

Fredric

Stunt Coordinator
Last year we had four great JF releases: The Iceman Cometh, Andersonville, Black Sunday, and The Horsemen. This year, all we've got is The Manchurian Candidate: SE. I'm very pleased with that news, but there's a bunch of important Frankenheimer films that aren't on DVD yet, that really need to see the light of day. I'm about to start buying these on VHS, since I really need to see them. So, if anyone has any news about the following, I'd love to hear it, either here or on my Yahoo Group (see below).

The Young Stranger
The Young Savages
All Fall Down
Grand Prix (This Really Needs A 2-Disc Special Edition)
The Fixer
I Walk the Line (This doesn't even have a VHS release!)
The Impossible Object
99&44/100% Dead
The Challenge
52 Pick-Up
The Fourth War
Against the Wall
The Burning Season
George Wallace

Finally, how about all those tremendous Playhouse 90 live television dramas? If anything in the world deserves a box set, these do.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I agree Fredric. More should be out. It is too bad we can't have his commentaries any more.

Sergio A

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Fredric,

Couldn't agree more, although for the multi region fans amongst you, it's worth noting that THE YOUNG STRANGER and AGAINST THE WALL are both available in respectable Region 2 DVDs in Europe.

Sergio

Fredric

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Sergio,

After posting this, I went to amazon.co.uk and discovered that very thing. Still would be nice for America to get on the ball. ;)

Fred

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Hi Sergio

thanks for the tip for those dvds in r2.

I would also be interested in a 2 disc se of Grand Prix

:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks