What's new

Any word on Bugsy Malone? (1 Viewer)

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
You mean this film:
2737h.jpg

It sells for about $10 in most discount stores. Or you could order it online from DVDEmpire for about $12.00 plus shipping.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Oh man, I loved Bugsy Malone as a kid. I've probably seen it 100 times. I'd buy that simply for nostalgic purposes!

Steve O

Stunt Coordinator
Bugsy Malone beats Bugsy anyday! I love that (the former) film!!! It's one of the most original screenplays ever and a great family film -- a gangster story with no violence, ... who ever heard of such a thing?! {Unless you consider semi-automatic pies violent}
;)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Bugsy Malone beats Bugsy anyday!
Well be fair, they're not even about the same person! Barry Levinson's movie is about Benjamin 'Bugsy' Siegel whilst Parker's movie...well...just plain isn't. :)
Anyhoo, I absolutely love Alan Parker's musical, it's a film that is begging for a cast commentary on a DVD release. Who's got this in the US? Paramount?
Dan

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
It was a Paramount release, originally, and they still have a VHS version in release. I got the LD, hoping for at least a decent picture, but it was an early Paramount LD and looks worse than the VHS versions I've seen, if you can believe that. It's definitely one of my favorites.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Audio commentary by Alan Parker with Scott Baio would be cool... kind of like Anchor Bay's new Soul Man DVD, which has commentary by director Steve Miner and C. Thomas Howell.

It would be priceless to have Jodie Foster on there as well.

When I was younger I was in a stage production of Bugsy Malone in Europe. I played the bartender, as well as other small background bits. They didn't let us see the movie until it was over, but I really liked it when I eventually saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks