What's new

Any possibility of Near Dark on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
This is one of the most under-rated least seen vampire movies. I love this movie. Who owns the rights. Hope I'm not the only one who wants it.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
According to their future release web page, Anchor Bay will be releasing Near Dark in the 2nd half of 2002. Definitely one of my more anticipated titles. Besides being a nifty vampire film, it also works as a great Aliens cast reunion with Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen, and Jenette Goldstein all on hand.
- Walter.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I (along with thousands of other dedicated horror freaks) cannot wait for this movie to hit DVD!!!!
Why am I not surprised that AB will tackle this one? :)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Yes, this will be a great release. From what I understand Anchor Bay will do a regular release and a "special limited" edition similar to what they have done with othe titles.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
the scary thing is, the negatives for Near Dark (all of them) were at one time considered lost forever. It was considered no more.This as late as 1999. Thank god in heaven Anchor Bay managed to find one in perfect condition (don't know where).

Great movie, can't wait for the DVD.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hello everybody,
I would have guessed that MGM owned the rights, but I'm glad I was wrong. Steve was right about this being an under-rated vampire flick. I haven't seen it in years, and even then it was an old vhs rental copy. I'm eagerly anticipating a fully restored edition from good ol' Anchor Bay. :D

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
There aren't any announced specs are there? I'd love some cool extras but I'd buy this as movie only (OAR of course) as my VHS copy is MIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks