What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Any of these LD's rare? (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I may be getting rid of my LD player soon, and wanted to know if any of these are rarities or worth anything: Falling Down, Rain Man, Forrest Gump, The Shawshank Redemption, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Pulp Fiction, and Leaving Las Vegas.

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
All were given to me by a friend when I bought his player. Mostly likely I'll keep them for display some day. Thought I'd check though.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Allen, I'd be surprised if you got a bid higheer than three or four bucks apiece for any of these on eBay, even if still sealed in shrink wrap. At a time when the original THX widescreen STAR WARS films and the theatrical BLADE RUNNER only fetch $7-8 each, you know the bottom has almost completely dropped out of the used laser disc market.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Not everything. Amoeba Records has most of the Russ Myers LDs for $75 each.
LDs not on DVD go for about $20. The box sets of early soviet cinema are $50 each

Pete L

Agent

Indeed. About a year ago I sold a sealed LD copy of the old trucking B-movie White Line Fever for $80 on eBay -- much to my surprise.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Many OOP LD's are still commanding big bucks to collectors.

Examples include:

Golden Age Of Looney Tunes (Box 1-5) - several non-PC shorts
Titanic DTS
Let It Be
Song Of The South (NTSC Japan only)
Star Wars OT (Definitive Collection CAV)
Metropolis (G. Moroeder/PSO/Vestron Video edition - now simply for Moroeder's musical score)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I actually did say "almost completely," for, yes, I know there are a few select titles still fetching high sums. Not any of those the poster listed, though.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
The LD that sold for the most money on eBay was the Hong Kong edition of "Song of the South."

The Japanese version had Japanese subtitles of the song during the singing portion, the HK version didn't.

Oh, it sold for over $1000...and it was done twice!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks