What's new

Any new news on "The Quiet Man" yet? (1 Viewer)

Ivy Mike

Agent
Real Name
Jordan
Sorry to get your hopes up Bob with the thread resurrection. Hopefully Paramount gets its act together on this film (and countless others) - I guess they don't feel there is enough financial incentive to get a lot of these films out on DVD (let alone high def). Just picked up the current DVD release knowing full well it was a weak transfer, but I would happily pick up a proper SE.

The Quiet Man ( "Q.M.") Movie Has a Countless and evergrowing Number of fans Worldwide, with a Strong FanClub Alive and Well and Based in CONG,COUNTY MAYO,IRELAND. Is it not possible for Accredited Representative(s) of the Various Official " QM" Organisations to LOBBY/PETITION/CANVASS/HARASS the Powers that be at Paramount to Move this Restoration Forward to Birth.It's been almost 60 Years since John Ford and his (Stock)Company Filmed this Minor Opus in the Connemara. 2001 marked the 50th Anniversary and The ARTISAN DVD Special Package gave Fans some GREAT EXTRAS such as Commentaries by The Technicolor Queen herself,Maureen O'Hara and Stephanie Powers and Andrew V.McLaglen.

WE ALL KNOW WHAT "WE ALL" CAN DO. WHY DON'T WE START THE BALL ROLLING,GUYS.

James Kennedy

Maghera

County Down

N.Ireland

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
'Minor' opus?

Seriously, The Quiet Man desperately needs someone, somewhere to throw some real weight behind this (help us Obi-Wan Scorsese, you may be our only hope...). I was a little astonished to read Tag Gallagher say that the current appalling DVD is a transfer from UCLA restoration? I'd been pinning my hopes on UCLA holding something that didn't need too much work to make it look as breathtaking as it should do in the digital realm...

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Er, resurrecting this old thread... The Quiet Man is the featured film at this year's John Wayne birthday celebration: http://www.johnwaynebirthplace.org/birthday/ Also, has anyone seen the Japanese DVD version of The Quiet Man, released by (I think) Tohokushinasha Film Corp? Wondering how that DVD looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks