What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Any Morvern Callar disc reviews? (1 Viewer)

Cary T

Screenwriter
I love the movie and will probably buy it anyway, but are there any reviews for the dvd? I'm concern about the transfer of the film. It was release 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen any reviews yet.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I didn't see the movie in theaters, but I viewed the disc recently. The transfer appeared to be solid. I know from comments in the Movies forum that the film image was grainy, and you can tell that a lot of the shots were done under low-light conditions. But the grain doesn't turn into video noise; so the transfer appears to be true to the original look.

The DD 5.1 track is excellent. The lack of any subtitles or closed captioning is unfortunate, given the thickness of some of the accents.

The extras are pretty sparse: a few short interview segments, a trailer, and trailer for other Palm Pictures releases (the three "director's series" discs).

As the reviews in the Movies forum indicated, this isn't a film for everyone. Rent first unless you've seen it and are a fan (like Cary), or you're curious but lack the patience to search around for a rental copy (like me).

M.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen any official reviews, but I also saw the DVD a couple weeks ago. No problems with it. If you loved the film, no reason not to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks