What's new

any lady dvd fans out there...... (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Just as long as our meat frank is something besided spam, how about a nice fillet?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Kelley, there's such a thing as filet of Spam and you can cut it with a paper knife. I can't believe anybody would be insensative enough to mention Terry Jones! Many years ago he kidnapped me, tied me up, had his silly way with me, and stole all my recipes for Spam. I try to put that episode in the past and now this! It just makes me hungry.... :) to have to relive that again. Jones never got my best recipe though, Spam, Spam, Spam, Lupins & Spam. Bye now I'm off to get lost in the supermarket!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Fillet and Spam just are two words that DO NOT go together.....makes me want to puke thinking about it. Must get smashed ass drunk tonight to forget all about Spam fillets, thanks Rachael B:D

Stephen B

Stunt Coordinator
if there is going to be a movie about me, could it be maybe " mad stephen " or " picnic at hanging rock 2 :-stephen revenge "
that would be cool! :D
but stephens wedding might be a bit silly............:p)

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Hey, since this is the "pick up the DVD chicks" thread. I'll take my shot. Im looking for sex! Bring it!!! :D

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hey Eve, you heard of these bands/acts:

Assemblage 23, Aghast View, VNV Nation (well they are world famous everywhere besides North America hehe), NCC (formerly Neo Cyber Christ), Covenant, Thrill Kill Kult, Sisters of Mercy (that should be an easy one)?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Oops, forgot to add:
Front Line Assembly, Skinny Puppy, Numb, Delerium, Enigma, Apoptygma Berzerk, Leather Strip, Wumpscut. Mentioning Nine Inch Nails is obviously redundant, seeing you have a link to his label's page. :)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Max,

have you heard the new VNV album, Futureperfect....absolutely fucking fantastic.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Yes, I've heard of most of those bands. I really liked My life with the thrill kill cult and I'm listening to sisters of mercy as we speak.
I can name a few bands that I like...mind you just a few.
Nitzer ebb, skinny puppy, laibach, Rammstein, Social distortion, Ministry, Hernry Rollins, (Devo) yes I like Devo. Old school Iron Maiden, Misfits, Danzing, Sex Pistols, The Clash, Pizzle, Pigface, The Ramones, Prong (I personally know Tommy Victor :)) NIN, Manson, Type O Negative,Lords of Acid, KMFDM, ahhh too many to type the list goes on and on and on.
:)
Peace,
Eve

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I've heard of maybe two of those bands. It's official, I'm getting old. Rapidly. Somebody bring me a rocking chair. With a padded seat. And why is it so cold in here? I need my shawl.

Stephen B

Stunt Coordinator
well it looks like my search has gone down the drain. ill have to resort to living like edward sissor hands, and scaring little children.

sigh.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Lords of Acid... he he he. You naughty, naughty girl Eve. :)
The Lords rule. Kick ass list there Eve. Ministry, Ramones Clash, Devo, Pigface, KMFDM - even old school Maiden... all those guys are way high on my list.
Here's more, just for the hell of it...
REVCO, Pailhead, John Zorn and Naked City, Cibo Matto, Motorhead, Butthole Surfers, old Camper Van Beethovan, The Dwarves, Alice Cooper, Beastie Boys...
Newer stuff? Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, um, and, uhh, that's about it. I don't really know too much new stuff. :frowning:

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Does no one listen to Wolfsheim, Beborn Beton, Switchblade Symphony, And One, Portishead, Hooverphonic, Mogwai, Lush, or even The Cure?

I love all of those bands, The Cure have been my favorite band since I was 7.

Ben,

Every day I get up and pray to John

And He increases the amount of products by one

Do you know what song that is?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I have Future Perfect in MP3 VBR format. Damn, I can't find it anywhere here. Help, I'm living in a suburban wilderness!
Heh, I forgot to mention KMFDM. I suppose they are so obvious that they shouldn't need to be mentioned. ;)
For new electronic acts that I think are cutting edge: Assemblage 23 (incredible work...a cross between VNV Nation and Leather Strip..absolutely stunning, and yes, I think they crush VNV Nation). God Module has been very popular as of late, but more like dancy industrial music. NCC's "Seven Steps of Nervousness" is the most creative electronic disc I've ever heard...very organic electronics with sublime vocals yet with an industrial core. I can't find this disc anywhere.
The irony: All of the acts I listed above were produced by a record label in CALGARY. Calgary, the home of the silly Calgary Stampede, where people drink beer, wear cowboy hats and boots, and 90% of the population has an SUV (and drive them badly). It is the most American-like Canadian city I've seen besides Toronto.
The bad news is that the record label, Gashed!, closed its doors in early September. :frowning: I am very sad...you guys may never get a hold of their music.
(Interested parties should PM me if they want to listen to a sampling of the music)

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Every day I get up and pray to John
And He increases the amount of products by one
Kelley, I'm stumped - I haven't got a clue, sorry. Got any other hints?
And yeah, I listened to the Cure for awhile, but never really got into the goth/underground stuff too much. I did get into Bauhaus and Love & Rockets there too, but after L&R lost their edge, I pretty much went back to hardcore metal and punk. So, Bauhaus & Co., and the Cure were pretty much the extent of my goth experience. Well, Jesus and Mary Chain's Psycho Candy and B Sides cds rocked. J&MC considered goth? I guess so. Anyway, a lot of the bands listed in this thread I don't even recognize. :frowning: I feel soooo uncool! :laugh:
I did pick up the latest TKK, Reincarnation of Luna. It sounds pretty cool, but kinda loses me towards the last third or so.
Oh, and I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Dead Kennedys yet. Maybe they just kinda go without saying. :)

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Stephen B said:
Camper Van Beethoven
weeeeeeeeee yes, pictures of matchstick men (later rerecorded by Type O Negative and Ozzy Osborne) is one sweet song...take the skinheads bowling was pretty funny too does anyone remember that one?
Beastie Boys score high on my list I can't believe I forgot to mention them..but as I said there's so much more, I would prolly be here all day if I listed all the different types of music I so enjoy. I enjoy a lot of classical music as well (I play the violin) so that kind of music invigorates and relaxes me depending on my mood.
Dead Kennedys...another favorite there. How about Agent Orange?
Oh, Kelley I'll check into some of the bands you listed that I have yet to hear yet...I guess I'll have to come out of my dark shell and maybe try something new :)
Peace,
Eve

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Bob, I was thinking the same thing...I keep hearing about how Aussie females are fleeing Australia because of sexism and so forth, but I have not been able to find any corraborating links on the net!
Is the great Aussie female migration a myth? A vast global conspiracy by the evil feminist eco-terrorists who are resorting to any means possible to save the great coral reef ecology Down Under?
Riiiiiiight. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks