What's new

any lady dvd fans out there...... (1 Viewer)

Stephen B

Stunt Coordinator
as far as i can tell there is a shortage. i mean i can cook and clean, who wouldnt want me! :D
in fact this shortage is getting so bad, im actually thinking of importing some. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Stephan, maybe you should export yourself! If you can cook and clean I could put you to work. I assume you will work for DVD's.;) Best wishes!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, maby you would be inspired by the story of WPLJ's Bradley P 'Blanks'. He's an Australian Bloke who had no radio experience whatsoever, walked in, asked for a job covering the Australian hosted Olympics, and got it. He's ALWAYS looking around for some female companionship, only difference is, they go to HIM :). Everytime they go out with him in public, the ladies just flock to this guy..sometimes even the married ones. The DJ's get astounded by it each time. I wish I had his luck :).
Maby you need a job in radio, that might help you out :).

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Kelley, I'm stumped - I haven't got a clue, sorry. Got any other hints?
Its a song about Bowling with Skinheads, can't get anymore clearer than that. I love old Camper Van. BTW - forgot to put the word "exactly" in there as the second line should read:

And he increases the number of product by exactly one

Everyone's going home for lunch these days

and last night there was skinheads on my lawn...

Take the skinheads bowling, take them bowling

Thats one of my favorite songs.

EveT

Yes do check out some of the bands that I have mentioned, I would highly recommend you check out Wolfsheim if you like Depeche Mode.

And if you haven't heard of Switchblade Symphony same on you! Go out now and download some songs off of Serpentine Gallery.

Anyone heard the new KMFDM album yet??? F-ing rocks, get it as soon as it comes out on the 19th

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Ahhh, okay, Camper Van. Take the Skinheads Bowling (on Telephone Free Landslide Victory), as Eve said, is a great song. Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart and Key Lime Pie are good records, uh, cds I mean ;) but my favorite CVB is from the earlier days, with Telephone Free Landslide Victory and CBV (self-titled, third album), which has Good Guys and Bad Guys, the first song of theirs I heard. I love that dang tune.
By the way, has anybody heard Camper Van Beethoven Is Dead, Long Live Camper Van Beethoven, put out in 2000? Just saw it the other day. This is what they had to say at Amazon about it...
Camper Van Beethoven Is Dead, Long Live Camper Van Beethoven began as a simple discussion between the ex-members about how to put out a CD of Camper Van Beethoven oddities without it sounding like a hodgepodge of well...leftovers. There were many interesting live tracks, radio broadcasts, audience tapes, a few unreleased demos, a couple rarities, and a bunch of half-finished songs. Fortunately in the 10 years since Camper Van Beethoven disbanded, digital technologies have revolutionized the way recordings are made. It was resolved that they would essentially sample themselves. The performance became the act of assembling, manipulating, and editing all of this into a CD (done by Victor Krummenacher, David Lowery, and Jonathan Segel Dec. 5-8, 1999, at Sound of Music Richmond, VA). And after all, wasn't this in keeping with the spirit of Camper Van Beethoven? Perhaps if the band were formed today this is how they would have made music anyway.
As for KMFDM, I been meanin' to get that blasted new dvd, Beat by Beat by Beat, but I just haven't had the cash to spare. Didn't realize they had a new cd comin' out, I'll be lookin' for it. :)

Stephen B

Stunt Coordinator
Dear pam,

so far you are the one and only person who has responded the way i would have liked. why are you unable to find cookers and cleaners where you are at the moment??

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Actually Ben there are two new KMFDM albums:

Boots - "Single"

Attak - LP

You have to buy both, as neither has songs that are on the other.

I was listening to "Telephone Free Landslide Victory" on my way into work today because of this thread.

The DVD is pretty good, well worth the money. Video could be better, but considering that some of it was shot on video....oh well you take what you can get.

Stephen,

Don't give up hope for finding someone who likes DVDs. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy for not having a VCR...she just doesn't understand. Nor does she understand my new TV, a Mits 46809 HDTV. I could be in the same boat as you as someone who doesn't appreciate an HDTV can't be the one for me.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
why are you unable to find cookers and cleaners where you are at the moment??
Stephen-
I've lived in L.A. for 14 years, and I haven't run into any of them yet. I think they're too busy chasing after bleach-blond hoochy-mamas wih massive silicone boobs. :rolleyes

Stephen B

Stunt Coordinator
pam
well thats terrible news, although why they would want fake boobies is beyond me:)
the gold coast seems to be filled with women looking some with tons of cash and a bmw:frowning:
its very sad.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Slightly off-topic: I must say that the lead singer for Type O Negative is one of the most frightening physical specimens I have ever had the pleasure of talking to. Somehow his speaking voice sounds even deeper than his singing voice. And he is so tall (possibly 7'!) that his hairdo has this obscuring effect on his facial features. But on the plus side, he is rather personable for a man in his occupation, and it was an enjoyable 2 hours after a very fun concert.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Stephen have you thought about getting a Russian mail order bride? I would if she looked like Nicole Kidman!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Pam, it must be the hot weather there...I cook and clean all the time, but there isn't much else to do when it is -30 degrees celcisus outside with a blizzard coming down.
I'd probably be chasing skirts/bikinis if I was living in southern California too, but dammit the cooking and cleaning habit will be hard to break. :)
P.S. Kelley, you still interested in the music? My IP address changed, damn ISP!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Max
Yes I am, but I never got a response please email me at [email protected]
I will need to get them soon as I am losing my home computer soon and won't have one for a few weeks, as I will be getting a new Mac, long story.
BTW - I'm on cable so if you are on broadband it shouldn't take too long.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
damn, well how about a New Zeland mail order bride or are they too popular with the LotR trilogy coming out and stuff.

Stephen B

Stunt Coordinator
well i was actually born there. so i know what they are really like, and female hobbits can be a bit to moody.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks