Any experience with Marantz DVD players?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Austin, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Mark Austin

Mark Austin Supporting Actor

I am looking at purchasing a Marantz 7010, and was curious if anybody has any experience, or opinions on Marantz players? Any comments are welcome. Thanks.

2. Dennis B

Dennis B Stunt Coordinator

I own a DV-6200 and am very happy with it.

No chroma bug, but the Mediamatics chipset has limitations when it comes to video-sourced material. As long as you watch primarily film material, you're getting the same great picture I am.

3. DouglasC

DouglasC Auditioning

My experience with the DV-3100 has been great. Picture quality is sharp, with no imaging issues. Price was a little steep, but I haven't experienced any of the problems that a lot of players seem to have based on reports in the forum.

4. Steve_Ma

Steve_Ma Second Unit

I have the 3100. Great video and audio reporoduction! Occasional freezes and skips on DVDs, though. It's a hassel, but happens only...maybe 5% of the time. This unit initially seemed to have some QC issues when it came out. Check the reviews on www.audioreview.com. Not sure if they've been worked out.
    --Steve

5. Mark Austin

Mark Austin Supporting Actor

Thanks for the replies. I may look at some of the other models they offer to see which is the best bang for the buck.