What's new

Any experience with Marantz DVD players? (1 Viewer)

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
I am looking at purchasing a Marantz 7010, and was curious if anybody has any experience, or opinions on Marantz players? Any comments are welcome. Thanks.

Dennis B

Stunt Coordinator
I own a DV-6200 and am very happy with it.

No chroma bug, but the Mediamatics chipset has limitations when it comes to video-sourced material. As long as you watch primarily film material, you're getting the same great picture I am.

DouglasC

Auditioning
My experience with the DV-3100 has been great. Picture quality is sharp, with no imaging issues. Price was a little steep, but I haven't experienced any of the problems that a lot of players seem to have based on reports in the forum.

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
I have the 3100. Great video and audio reporoduction! Occasional freezes and skips on DVDs, though. It's a hassel, but happens only...maybe 5% of the time. This unit initially seemed to have some QC issues when it came out. Check the reviews on www.audioreview.com. Not sure if they've been worked out.
--Steve

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the replies. I may look at some of the other models they offer to see which is the best bang for the buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks