What's new

Marantz Cinema 50 Onscreen Menu While Streaming (1 Viewer)

rrgmrg

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
Just replaced my Marantz SR 7010 with a Cinema 50. They eliminated the larger display behind the front drop down panel (which I question). When I stream via apps on my LG TV I am unable to view the Marantz menu on screen. I am using ARC.

Is there a way to display the Marantz on screen menu while streaming via the TV apps? I do realize I can use the phone app but it would be nice to have it on screen.

Thanks in advance,

Randy

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Unfortunately, no, that can't be done. It's not a fault of Marantz. It's just an inherent aspect of ARC that you can not view the receiver's menu on the TV while using ARC. ARC is specifically designed to show sources from within the TV only, not from an external source. It can be done if you use the digital optical output from the TV for audio instead.

Another option is to use a streaming device connected to the receiver instead of the TV's internal apps. There are some Roku devices that are rather affordable, though the much more expensive AppleTV is the best overall.

rrgmrg

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
Unfortunately, no, that can't be done. It's not a fault of Marantz. It's just an inherent aspect of ARC that you can not view the receiver's menu on the TV while using ARC. ARC is specifically designed to show sources from within the TV only, not from an external source. It can be done if you use the digital optical output from the TV for audio instead.

Another option is to use a streaming device connected to the receiver instead of the TV's internal apps. There are some Roku devices that are rather affordable, though the much more expensive AppleTV is the best overall.
Thanks John, that’s what I thought. Yup, going to look into another streaming device.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Actually, the AppleTVs aren't as expensive as they used to be. Still more than Roku, but more like twice the price of a top end model, rather than three times the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks