What's new

Any area of weakness in your collection/library? (1 Viewer)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
The only horror movies that I own are those that cross over into Sci-Fi (like, for example, the Alien, Predator, and Terminator movies.) I've meant to purchase some pure horror movies (like the original Psycho and Silence of the Lambs); but for some reason have never gotten around to it.

The only other area that I feel I'm a little deficient in is James Bond movies. I currently own only six: From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and Goldeneye. Since I've already purchased some of these twice, I've decided to wait on the new rumored LDI restoration transfer editions before expanding this portion of the library. (Hopefully, the Sony acquisition of MGM will not alter the planned LDI work on the classic Bonds. They certainly need it!)

I'm probably low on Westerns as well. (I own 12 and half of those star Clint Eastwood); but don't really plan on expanding that portion of the library.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

there was a time, about 15 yrs ago when i started collecting Laserdiscs, that i thought "you know, someday you're either gonna be a total shut in, or theres going to be some kind of apocolyptic event, and when that happens the only good entertainment you'll have access to is this collection -because as we all know, LD is as close to an archival format as there will ever be-therefore when determining future purchases, it would be wise to keep in mind that a good collection should be well balanced to include great films from all genres and periods."

ah...the foolishness of youth :)

eventually i did come to the realization that i'm not trying to start a library or open a video store, and i already liked a broad range of material enough that i don't have to go out of my way to find stuff to own just to satisfy the perceptions of people who wouldn't be using my collection anyway.
right now i have more than enough material so that i could find something for any particular mood.
the problem comes in actually settling on just one title and enjoying it rather than second guessing and trying to find 'the absoltuely perfect movie for just this fleeting moment'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks