What's new

Antennas, birds & crap (1 Viewer)

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
You know what? Every since I put up a OTA antenna, the birds sit on it and crap all over my roof and patio. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I already have one of those plastic owls. He is totally ineffective.

Thanxxx in advance

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Get a real owl.

Actually, there are these plastic spike things you can buy. The birds won't land on them... Not sure where to buy them, but I've seen them on buildings and such.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've heard of people using liter soda bottles as a squirrel trap, just put a hole in the end and a hole in the cap and then string them through. Not sure if it's effective as a bird deterrant though. Might keep the birds from getting an easy perch if the bottles are spinning around. I guess 2 liter bottles would work too, if they're skinny enough.

Jay

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
put something sharp on the end of the antenna.

Airports have bird problems (DUH!) lots of open space, taxi way lights make great perches, but no one wants to clean bird shit up. So this GENIOUS airport manage glued gold T's upside down to the top of the taxiway lights, birds no long perch on them.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I just thought of something. What if I put the plastic owl "on" the antenna. You know, perch him on the top of the mast so he's practically sitting on the vanes instead of sitting on the roof. You think the birds will still ignore him?

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
superglue.
the initial birds will shit and die, then, the others will not think about landing anywhere near your house.
hey, it is late, sorry :)

Cam S

Screenwriter
A pellet gun??

Haha, no, don't kill the poor things. Best thing to do would be to put anything on it so that it makes it hard for them to perch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks