Another Newbie

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by efren, Feb 22, 2002.

1. efren

efren Auditioning

Just wanted to say hi to all, I've been a audio/video nut for many years and I'm looking forward to sharing and asking lots of questions. [​IMG][/size][/font]

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Welcome Efren!

-Vince

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Hi Efren. Let me be the first to ask. What kind of equipment do you currently have, what are you interests in the a/v area?

4. efren

efren Auditioning

Thanks, Vince and Neil (Motley Crew???[​IMG]) I have the SONY KP-51HW40, JVC Progressive scan DVD/DVD-A, SONY STR575 DD/DTS Decoder, Mix of speakers (JBL-Center, Cerwin Vega-Fronts, Kenwood-Sub, Bose-rears). I don't know if I'm into just one aspect of the whole HT experience because I really enjoy watching/listening to stuff. I have now started collecting DVD-A and DTS music discs, but I haven't slowed down racking up the bills from buying DVD movies also. I have attended at least 4 CES' when I was stationed in CA, the last one being in 2000. I am also a member of the Corvetteforum. As soon as I upload some pics of my Home Theater set up, I'll post it (are we allowed to do that here?). Again, thanks. (Two forums, man, now I won't be able to get some work done...) [​IMG][/size]

5. Jeff Blair

Jeff Blair Second Unit

ahhhhh He said "The Word" [​IMG] Don't feel bad about haveing the Bose as rears. I have that now also. But, it is just until I get some Moniter 5's for my front. Then the Moniter 3's are going to the rear. And, then I will sell my Bose for about $500 on eBay. [​IMG]
    Oh...And welcome to the nut house. [​IMG]

6. efren

efren Auditioning

Ooops, I said the "B" word. [​IMG] Come on now, it's not that bad, really. Actually, I'm looking into replacing it with a Polk or maybe another JBL monitor.

7. paul watkins

paul watkins Stunt Coordinator

i'm new too.is bose a bad word around here?i don't have any,just wonderingpaul ht

8. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Efren,

Welcome to the HTF. Yes you can give us links to pictures of your HT, just like many other members do. Browse around, you will find many.

Paul,

Bose is indeed supposed to be a no-no-word. But then again, we don't even take ourselves serious.

Cees

9. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    do a search for BOSE here on the HTF and you'll see everyone's opinions. i can tell you now that they will all be about the same. [​IMG]
    read The Bose FAQ for more info.
    oh, and welcome! [​IMG]

10. efren

efren Auditioning

Ok fellas, I have just replaced the Bose rears with a pair of Kenwood 3-way tower speakers. Not the best, but the sound is definitely improved. Just got done watching "Gladiator" again... [​IMG] Thanks for the info.

11. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Welcome to the forum Efren and Paul.

Jon