What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I redeemed mine a week ago on 5/18. Hopefully it's just a case of first in/first out when it comes to upgrading.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I have an older movie in my library that was an old SD code. If I buy it again will my MA library have duplicates or will the new HD version replace the old SD?

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I redeemed mine on 5/14. It didn't show up in my Vudu as UHD until yesterday when I disconnected iTunes and reconnected.

Thanks for the tip. Some reason on the MA app itunes was the only retailer with no drop down arrow to disconnect so I disconnected Vudu & reconnected and it switched to UHD.

Last edited:

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Anyone have any idea why Memphis Belle isn't eligible for Movies Anywhere? I know it was always a Warner Home Video title and looks like it still is.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Anyone have any idea why Memphis Belle isn't eligible for Movies Anywhere? I know it was always a Warner Home Video title and looks like it still is.
Memphis Belle (1990) had more than Warner as the production company. The other production companies were foreign entities like British Satellite Broadcasting, Enigma Films and etc. I think there were 4-5 companies involved including Warner that appears to have sole distribution rights. Perhaps those other companies are preventing the digital rights from being part of MA.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
There are whole lists of movies from MA studios that aren't MA enabled, for who knows what reason. They have been known to get added, though. Spielberg's "Duel" and "The Shop Around the Corner" got added a few months ago. I'm personally waiting for "The Letter" and "The Bad And the Beautiful" which I own on Vudu but can't access on iTunes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There are whole lists of movies from MA studios that aren't MA enabled, for who knows what reason. They have been known to get added, though. Spielberg's "Duel" and "The Shop Around the Corner" got added a few months ago. I'm personally waiting for "The Letter" and "The Bad And the Beautiful" to get added.
That too as there are some Fox titles that aren't available on MA like "Fallen Angel".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just got a code from Sony Pictures Store that redeemed 12 titles to 4K on Movies Anywhere. Some of those titles didn't redeem to 4K when I entered their codes when I bought those 4K/UHD discs back then. Now, they're all 4K/UHD with that one Sony code. The titles are the following:

Passengers
Angels and Demons
The Da Vinci Code
Starship Troopers
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Three Versions)
Baby Driver
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I just got a code from Sony Pictures Store that redeemed 12 titles to 4K on Movies Anywhere. Some of those titles didn't redeem to 4K when I entered their codes when I bought those 4K/UHD discs back then. Now, they're all 4K/UHD with that one Sony code. The titles are the following:

Passengers
Angels and Demons
The Da Vinci Code
Starship Troopers
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Three Versions)
Baby Driver
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Yep. I got that email, too. Sony is shutting down ULTRA (finally) on July 26. I say, good riddance to that service.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Again, some of those titles I bought on 4K/UHD disc and when I redeemed the 4K code, they wouldn't show as 4K on Movies Anywhere or iTunes. Now, they do show as 4K on Movies Anywhere and on iTunes with this newly redeemed code.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Again, some of those titles I bought on 4K/UHD disc and when I redeemed the 4K code, they wouldn't show as 4K on Movies Anywhere or iTunes. Now, they do show as 4K on Movies Anywhere and on iTunes with this newly redeemed code.
All twelve of mine were from codes received with a 4K/UHD disc purchase. They all now show as 4K in MA, but only HDX in Vudu -- I haven't checked in iTunes yet.

EDIT: Checked iTunes, and all 12 films from my new code are now in 4K. I may try unlinking / re-linking my Vudu account from Movies Anywhere to see if that does anything there.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So I purchased the 4K UHD discs of Fast And Furious 4 and Fast Five today. I previously owned them in HD on iTunes and vudu.

iTunes has the 4-K versions available so I redeemed both codes thru MA to upgrade them but only FAF 4 redeemed in 4K while Fast Five redeemed as the extended version in HD only(which I already owned).

Any ideas?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So I purchased the 4K UHD discs of Fast And Furious 4 and Fast Five today. I previously owned them in HD on iTunes and vudu.

iTunes has the 4-K versions available so I redeemed both codes thru MA to upgrade them but only FAF 4 redeemed in 4K while Fast Five redeemed as the extended version in HD only(which I already owned).

Any ideas?
The following link warned us that would happened. I tried to redeem through iTunes first, no go as the code wouldn't take there and Vudu doesn't have 4K either. So I ended up doing what you did with the same results. Plus, the 4K disc is the only one that have DTS: X. Does your Fast & Furious 4 have DTS: X. If so then the 4K digital on iTunes is without that codec too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsJkCX4DIv2oeCKQ7zp2ArkR1qKEXCUuCMBbUtHtmh4/htmlview

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I just redeemed my 4K Ultra HD code for "the Greatest Showman" (Fox) but it's being listed on Movies Anywhere as just HD. However, my display says it is 4k (though it's looking pretty soft for a 4k).

VUDU (via my ROKU) says I "own" HDX, but literally on the exact same screen below the HDX designation it says "UHD Features" include "4K and HDR".

VUDU's website says I own HDX. Then it asks me to redeem my Movies Anywhere code. Which of course I already did on Movies Anywhere. But I tried again and it says "Somethings not right. Try again".

Any suggestions?

(I redeemed a Sony title on Movies Anywhere minutes earlier without any issues). ????!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks