What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just curious, Robert -- did you find this through the CheapCharts app? I couldn't find it under either the Movies or TV on sale categories.
It does appear on CheapCharts under TV Shows on Sale. Games of Thrones and The Handsmaid's Tale seasons are also on sale along with some other TV shows.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It does appear on CheapCharts under TV Shows on Sale. Games of Thrones and The Handsmaid's Tale seasons are also on sale along with some other TV shows.

Thanks, Robert. I checked the TV Shows on sale section twice before posting and didn't see it. Just looked again, and did see it this time. Boy, getting old is hell. :laugh:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought some Paramount titles never released on Blu-ray in Region A that dropped in price at iTunes in HD. All of them $6.99 and there are some not listed below like Hud, The Rainmaker (1997), Fear Strikes Out, Mommie Dearest, On a Clear Day You Can See Forever and My Geisha to name some titles. I already owned 3-4 of those titles.

Purchased:

Atlantic City
Come Back, Little Sheba
Murphy's War

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I bought some Paramount titles never released on Blu-ray in Region A that dropped in price at iTunes in HD. All of them $6.99 and there are some not listed below like Hud, The Rainmaker (1997), Fear Strikes Out, Mommie Dearest, On a Clear Day You Can See Forever and My Geisha to name some titles. I already owned 3-4 of those titles.

Purchased:

Atlantic City
Come Back, Little Sheba
Murphy's War
I picked up Gunfight At The OK Corral and Crocodile Dundee II. And Cold Mountain which isn’t Paramount but for $4.99 with iTunes extras was a bargain too.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Blueray.com has a "Deals" tab on top. Click newest deals...then click on iTunes and it has all the titles...Movies and TV that are now on sale with the most recently added titles first. This morning I bought on sale, A New Leaf, The Geisha Boy, Nijinsky, Assault on a Queen, Atlantic City, The Man Who Haunted Himself, Bugsy Malone, Dial M for Murder, Saddle the Wind.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Blueray.com has a "Deals" tab on top. Click newest deals...then click on iTunes and it has all the titles...Movies and TV that are now on sale with the most recently added titles first. This morning I bought on sale, A New Leaf, The Geisha Boy, Nijinsky, Assault on a Queen, Atlantic City, The Man Who Haunted Himself, Bugsy Malone, Dial M for Murder, Saddle the Wind.
It's CheapCharts based.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Just don't lose sight of the other retailers' sales as well, especially Vudu, Amazon, and FandangoNow, which has monthly, weekly, and weekend sales. With Movies Anywhere you can get most of your purchases from those services into iTunes.

That CheapChart app only covers iTunes, whereas the pages Ken mentioned on blu-ray.com covers most of the other retailers as well.

Personally, I have bookmarks set in my browser to let me search each of the retailers, sorted by lowest price.

iTunes
https://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=price&category=ituneshd

Vudu
https://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?retailerid=14&sortby=price

Amazon
https://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=price&category=aiv

FandangoNow
https://www.fandangonow.com/list/deals

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Arrgg... Did anyone else purchase the 4K version of Mary Poppins Returns from Amazon Prime? My instinct told me it was going to be problematic with Movies Anywhere. I've never had any issues purchasing 4K content through Vudu or FandangoNow, but this is the first time I purchased a 4K title though Amazon Prime. It was just so I could save a few bucks using some bonus no-rush shipping credits. Anyway it's been over an hour and the title has NOT imported into MA at all. I even bought another title on iTunes which imported to Amazon Prime just fine, so the issue lies with this one title.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Arrgg... Did anyone else purchase the 4K version of Mary Poppins Returns from Amazon Prime? My instinct told me it was going to be problematic with Movies Anywhere. I've never had any issues purchasing 4K content through Vudu or FandangoNow, but this is the first time I purchased a 4K title though Amazon Prime. It was just so I could save a few bucks using some bonus no-rush shipping credits. Anyway it's been over an hour and the title has NOT imported into MA at all. I even bought another title on iTunes which imported to Amazon Prime just fine, so the issue lies with this one title.
And good luck working with Amazon in trying to get it ported over. They are the worst MA retailer, mostly because MA only maps to one specific ASIN on Amazon, so it is very likely mapped to one of the other versions (likely the HD with Special Features), but also because all Prime Video reps are outsourced at an overseas call center and not trained on Movies Anywhere.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
And good luck working with Amazon in trying to get it ported over. They are the worst MA retailer, mostly because MA only maps to one specific ASIN on Amazon, so it is very likely mapped to one of the other versions (likely the HD with Special Features), but also because all Prime Video reps are outsourced at an overseas call center and not trained on Movies Anywhere.
I should have followed my instinct and paid full price at Vudu or FandagoNow and used the credits for something less risky. Anyway I’ve contacted MA about the issue and I would imagine a high-profile title such as this will get a ton of complaints and they will have to fix it.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I should have followed my instinct and paid full price at Vudu or FandagoNow and used the credits for something less risky. Anyway I’ve contacted MA about the issue and I would imagine a high-profile title such as this will get a ton of complaints and they will have to fix it.
I'm actually having the opposite issue right now, with Warner titles not porting over to Amazon after redeeming on Movies Anywhere. But that is due to an ongoing feud between the two behemoths that has been raging since the beginning of the year.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I always use my credits for rentals at Amazon -- I have yet to buy a digital title from them. For purchases, I stick to either iTunes or Vudu.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I just read on another forum that someone who purchased Mary Poppins Returns in 4K at Vudu also didn't get imported into Movies Anywhere and they got a response from MA that said they were working to get it resolved soon. So I guess it's not just an Amazon thing.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Just don't lose sight of the other retailers' sales as well, especially Vudu, Amazon, and FandangoNow, which has monthly, weekly, and weekend sales. With Movies Anywhere you can get most of your purchases from those services into iTunes.

That CheapChart app only covers iTunes, whereas the pages Ken mentioned on blu-ray.com covers most of the other retailers as well.
Cheap covers iTunes,Amazon and Vudu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks