What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hmmm. Maybe it’s only certain titles.
I don't know, but, it's frustrating as hell that all of my Fox 4K titles show up in HD on iTunes whether I use MoviesAnywhere or thru Foxdigitialmovies.com that only recognizes Vudu or Google as my alternatives to redeem those Fox codes.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Is there anyway to upgrade an SD title to HD without just having to buy the entire HD file? Mainly asking for those movies I redeemed using a disc. I suppose I could just do disc to digital in Vudu, but that won't work on Disney movies.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Launching Tuesday...
C2CEA002-B7E9-409F-9E9F-D1E6E5747574.jpeg

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
What does this mean in practical terms?

To me the most practical thing about new MA providers is that it provides another storefront to look for deals. For example I just bought “Evita” on FandangoNow for $9.99 when it’s $17.99 elsewhere.

Also, for me personally, I bought movies there years ago that were essentially stuck, and now with MA they will transfer out to the services I use.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Also, it should be noted that the rumor was FN would be dropping UV entirely. When asked on social media, they responded:

"Hello and thank you for reaching out. In regards to your inquiry, yes, Movies Anywhere will become the primary digital locker service for FandangoNOW. Titles that are currently UV will transfer to Movies Anywhere and have that logo. This will occur with specific studios while there are others that are still UV, but your UV libraries should not be affected."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Also, it should be noted that the rumor was FN would be dropping UV entirely. When asked on social media, they responded:

"Hello and thank you for reaching out. In regards to your inquiry, yes, Movies Anywhere will become the primary digital locker service for FandangoNOW. Titles that are currently UV will transfer to Movies Anywhere and have that logo. This will occur with specific studios while there are others that are still UV, but your UV libraries should not be affected."
If you already have a Fandango account do you still need to register at FandangoNow?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
OK but this still doesn't release my movies being held hostage away from my (now defunct I guess) friends and family connections, right?
I'm not sure what you are referring to. Is it Vudu? I'm still able to share UV movies on that service, as well as MA titles on Google Play.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
So now that FandangoNow is joining MA, let me get this straight, FandangoNow has a special deal for new members that for the first month all your digital purchases through them are 20% off? I might just have to join.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I was tempted by the 20% offer, but then I started looking up movies. Most of the prices I saw at FN were still more than 20% higher than the regular price at VUDU or Amazon.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Any hint of UV has been removed from FandangoNow, leaving Vudu as the sole UV provider...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks