What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Btw I had an issue redeeming The Dark Night digital code that came with the 4K disc.

Long story short you should redeem it thru Vudu and it will port to iTunes in 4K in addition to UHD on Vudu (along with the other Nolan Batman films).
Tino,

Which one did you use that cause you trouble?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
First tried the MA app which rejected the code and directed me to the Warner redeem digital which just directed me back to MA

After some back and forth emails with WB they directed me to redeem at vudu.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Yeah, I'm thinking of reentering the workforce as a Blue Shirt at Best Buy to pay for my film library.:)
Not to burst your bubble (having been a blue shirt up until July of this year - actually a black shirt), but discounts on movies are negligible to non-existent. However, discounts on virtually everything else, except Amazon, Apple, and PC hardware, can be very nice, but you do have to pay income tax on them.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Redeemed a bunch of codes today on MA as I ready myself to post the reviews of these.

Dunkirk - UHD on Vudu, Google Play, and iTunes. HD on Amazon.
Jumanji - UHD on Google Play and iTunes. HD on Amazon and Vudu
MIB Trilogy* - UHD on Google Play, and Amazon, HD on iTunes and Vudu.

* On a similar note: Sadly, Sony Movie Rewards only gave me 45 points and counted it as one movie towards the Movie Pass free Blu-ray program.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I am also now seeing that movies redeemed on MA rather than Vudu that are both MA and UV will not show up in your UV library (Dunkirk, Jumanji, MIB). :(

At least I have the same group of people on my Vudu/UV shared list as I do on my Google Play Movies family group.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not to burst your bubble (having been a blue shirt up until July of this year - actually a black shirt), but discounts on movies are negligible to non-existent. However, discounts on virtually everything else, except Amazon, Apple, and PC hardware, can be very nice, but you do have to pay income tax on them.
I was joking about seeking employment.:)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Redeemed a bunch of codes today on MA as I ready myself to post the reviews of these.

Dunkirk - UHD on Vudu, Google Play, and iTunes. HD on Amazon.
Jumanji - UHD on Google Play and iTunes. HD on Amazon and Vudu
MIB Trilogy* - UHD on Google Play, and Amazon, HD on iTunes and Vudu.

* On a similar note: Sadly, Sony Movie Rewards only gave me 45 points and counted it as one movie towards the Movie Pass free Blu-ray program.
We can only hope that MIB films become available on iTunes & Vudu in UHD one day. The same with Jumanji on Vudu.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I purchased Dunkirk on regular Blu-ray (not UHD). I have accounts for iTunes, Vudu, Ultraviolet and Movies Anywhere.

Where am I best off redeeming this code?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
iTunes has a bunch of Digital Codes on sale for $4.99, $7.99 & $9.99.
Digital codes are what come in your Blu-ray cases for free. When you buy a movie from iTunes you are purchasing a download, not a digital code! :P
Btw I had an issue redeeming The Dark Night digital code that came with the 4K disc.
...it was a dark and stormy night... :D

Okay I've had my fun for the day.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I recently bought the Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters II and Exodus: Gods and Kings on 4K/UHD disc. They were already in my iTunes library because of digital code redemption from prior Blu-ray purchases. All three were HD streams. This morning, I redeem the digital codes from my 4K/UHD purchases. For the Ghostbusters films I used sonypictures/com/uvredeem site and then to Movies Anwhere to redeem the codes. For Exodus, I used FoxRedeem.com and then to iTunes to redeem its digital code. After verifying the streams with my AppleTV remote, all three HD streams are now 4K/UHD streams on iTunes. Now, they're still HDX on Vudu, but Vudu doesn't have 4K/UHD streams for any of those three films.

Also, bought Jumanji on 4K/UHD disc which is a Sony title, so I used the same process I used for the Ghostbusters films in regard to redeeming my digital code which was sonypictures/com/uvredeem site and then to Movies Anywhere. After verification with my AppleTV remote I now have a 4K/UHD stream on iTunes and a HDX stream on Vudu. As with the other titles, Vudu doesn't have a 4K/UHD stream for Jumanji.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I purchased Dunkirk on regular Blu-ray (not UHD). I have accounts for iTunes, Vudu, Ultraviolet and Movies Anywhere.

Where am I best off redeeming this code?
I would say Vudu - that way it should redeem as both MA and UV. I redeemed Dunkirk on MA yesterday, and does not show in my UV library.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
We can only hope that MIB films become available on iTunes & Vudu in UHD one day. The same with Jumanji on Vudu.
I've noticed that Sony titles are slowly getting upgraded on Vudu to UHD. Dark Tower had initially redeemed as HDX on Vudu, but just a few weeks ago got upgraded to UHD (and shows I own UHD).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Long story short you should redeem it thru Vudu and it will port to iTunes in 4K in addition to UHD on Vudu (along with the other Nolan Batman films).
I redeem thru Vudu and The Dark Knight Trilogy ported over to iTunes in 4K as well as to UHD on Vudu.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Redeemed five new movies tonight. I looked at the Google spreadsheet that purports to explain where to redeem a movie for best outcome. I couldn’t figure it out.

So I just go to whatever custom redemption site each movie has, which usually leads to MA, and redeem the code.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I just figured out the whole Movies Anywhere thing today, and didn't really want to read through all 39 pages on this topic. I never really had use for digital copies until I realized that I could access them through my Amazon Fire devices, which means I can watch them on the TVs that don't have blu-ray players hooked up.

I have several blu-rays that came with digital copies on physical discs (for example, X-Men First Class and Despicable Me). Just typing in the code to Movies Anywhere or Vudu doesn't work to add them to the collection. Is there a way to redeem the digital copy and add it to MA? Perhaps by using itunes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks