What's new

Announcing MAUDE : The Complete First Season DVD (2 Viewers)

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Wait a minute, what problem? Can anyone give me specifics? I bought this right when it came out (last season Golden Girls)....I want to know if mine is bad!

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I don't remember since I don't have the set right now. Did you already watch it? Obviously your set wasn't affected if you didn't notice.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
No my set must have been ok, I have watched it 4 times through already, because I am unable to see any other season (Darn Sony).

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, I was talking about Season 7 of The Golden Girls, not Maude. My original response was to MatthewA's post.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
For those interested it's been said that Bea and Barbeau recorded a commentary track but since it wasnt included in the 1st set, hopefully it will be on later sets.. if there will be any more sets that is.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

More Sony magic: making supplemental features disappear.

I guess the promised, undelivered extras on Silver Spoons was not an isolated incident.

redbird

Agent
Real Name
M
More Maude would be nice. But being a Sony show who knows when or if we'll ever see another season of it or quite a few other of their unfinished shows.:angry:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My Season 1 is still in the plastic. But not for long. Luckily I have All in the Family Season 6 still wrapped in plastic too. ...and Mary Hartman Mary Hartman...and seasons 4-6 Good Times, still wrapped in plastic. I'm in it for the long haul, but I will get totally impatient one day.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
I think it is really a shame they stopped at Season 1. This was a great series and ground-breaking, and my favorite episodes were yet to come with the new house-keeper Mrs. Nagatuck from Ireland, who played one of the maids in Mary Poppins. I don't think Sony is going to continue the series, it's been a year now since the 1st season.

The studios are all talking about the yearly declining sales of dvd now for the last 2 years, all they have to do is release more content that people want. I know mastering and pressing costs money, but I can't believe this series didn't sell fairly well, sure it was no Star Trek but I am sure it was not on the bottom of the list either. Darn it anyway! I really want the entire series.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
There could be a number of reasons why it hasn't come out. One is restructuring at SPHE, another is that Blu-Ray could have taken up resources that may have otherwise gone towards TV shows.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
The fact that a second release hasn't come out doesn't mean much. It takes forever between AITF sets. And Maude is likely even less of a priority. Plus I doubt that it sold well. It's not a brand-new show, it's smart, funny & intelligent. Therefore it's dead in the water. How many wonderful, mature shows have come out and not sold well ? A lot of them.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer

I am wondering if it is stalled or that was it....because I read a story in Variety Daily magazine and they talked about the studios releasing tv dvd, and one quoted comment from Sony was that many of these shows only need the first season and that seems to make fans happy enough. I couldn't believe what I was reading, but then again, I could believe it.

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
You know one of the things that is difficult for a TV DVD collector is to decide which company is the most heinous and should be despised the most. Fox has always been and will continue to be at the top of my list but Sony, Warner and Universal take turns doing their best to compete with Fox for the title of worst company. Lately Sony has been doing a great job competing for the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks