What's new

Announcing MAUDE : The Complete First Season DVD (1 Viewer)

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
As of this morning, and this won't come as a surprise to anyone,

"Thank you for your e-mail and for your feedback! We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) products. The information you provided has been forwarded to the appropriate department for research and review. Unfortunately, we currently do not have a published release date for this title."

And the above doesn't mean we can keep letting them know we want it!

RobertSiegel

Reviewer

Simon, do you have a link to Sony's email? I have also written Shout Factory a very polite letter requesting the releases. We can only hope, but I would like to write Sony but cannot find a link on their site.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack

Great link love the mocked up cover art.

I wrote them also to beg for season 2 of Maude and One Day at a time. The first season of One Day at a Time was a half season anyhow I wish they would pair up those first half season shows with a complete second season the sales would probably gain.. or else try to distribute thru Shout Factory.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer

I keep writing them (a friendly) letter every 2 weeks to that address. Anyone who is subscribed to this thread I hope you keep writing and if you can have your friends write them. The more the better. I've had 12 friends write for me (most are interested in the series anyway).

http://www.maudeondvd.com/

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I wonder if we will see any more love for MAUDE after Bea Arthur's passing.

Also doesn't Rue McClanahan show up onn the second season?

I have never seen any of those episodes.

We need ALL of MAUDE released.

Currently Season 1 is on sale on amazon.com for $17.99

It is # 98 on the top sellers.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Well, this is a terrible time for Bea Arthur fans. Especially so soon after the passing of Golden Girls co-star Estelle Getty.

I hope that more seasons of Maude will be released as well as a complete Golden Girls series set. All of which should be dedicated to our marvelous Bea.

Thank You For Being A Friend.

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator

Rue appeared from Season 1, but didn't really get into her stride until Season 2.

I was so saddened by Bea's passing last weekend, couldn't even watch an episode of Maude or The Golden Girls in her honour. Sometime this week I should be suitably recovered to do so.
It may sound dramatic, but she's been a part of my life since I was 6 years old.

I suppose her passing and an increase in sales of Maude S1, could prompt $ony into releasing S2. After all Bea's and Adrienne's filmed extras are in the can.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'll bet Sony is crying the blues because they didn't have a Maude release scheduled for tomorrow. It would have been a best-seller because of all the media attention over Arthur's passing.

Right on, Bea!

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
A very sad day yesterday. We lost one of the greatest comedians of our time. It is such a shame that Sony does not release the rest of this series, it's the only series left that I really want to own all seasons. I continue to write every week to Sony and have had all of my friends write as well (many of them want it anyway). I urge everyone to take a few minutes each week and keep writing Sony on this. I spent three hours yesterday going to many sites including IMDB (discussions section), Amazon (discussions on Maude), ect...almost 25 web sites including the Bea Arthur fan sites...and posted a note with this e-mail link and urged everyone to write.The email address is:

[email protected]

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
SONY released the "Norman Lear" collection including MAUDE S1 inside with brand new extras that should have been on the 1st season set. Maybe SONY is waiting to cash-in on that release and then release the second season for Maude..

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I believe sales of the Norman Lear Collection will have no bearing on further seasons of any shows contained in it. The whole thing was just a cynical, cost-cutting ploy to move out inventory while adding extras that should have been included with the individual shows themselves (and not to mention Bud Yorkin in any of the interviews is just tacky).

potnoodle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Will F
The "Maude" extras on the Norman Lear collection were filmed a full year before the first season was released. Adrienne Barbeau said she had been interviewed but when the first season set came out, surprise, surprise, none of the interviews with the cast were included. So I'm guessing this "SPECIAL" Normal Lear scam, I mean, Collection, consisting of the first season for all of his shows previously released had been planned for some time. Why else would $ony record special features before the first season was released, and then just sit on them?

And I agree that sales for the Normal Lear set will have no effect on the release of the rest of "Maude" or any other stalled Lear series.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
On a side note, can someone whose bought the Norman Lear collection tell me if the separate seasons inside are in their own individual box sets or are they part of some elaborate interlocking design ? I'd like to get the collection and swap out the "seasons with extras" to replace my original first season sets. Has anyone else done this ?

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Originally Posted by David Rain

On a side note, can someone whose bought the Norman Lear collection tell me if the separate seasons inside are in their own individual box sets or are they part of some elaborate interlocking design ? I'd like to get the collection and swap out the "seasons with extras" to replace my original first season sets. Has anyone else done this ?
David, the discs/sets are the same with the individual sets (different disc-artwork) and the extras are located on an extra disc.

see here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00227A7V6/ref=dp_otherviews_z_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&img=1

also the package is poorly made: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/37519/norman-lear-collection-all-in-the-family-the-jeffersons-maude-mary-hartman-good-times-sanford-and-son-and-more-the/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks