What's new

Announcing MAUDE : The Complete First Season DVD (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it's completely fair to say Maude was a liberal and Archie Bunker a conservative per se.

Bunker, in particular, was mainly portrayed as a loud-mouthed, closed-minded, insufferable bore, a lout, and a biggot. Is it OKAY to be that way? I don't think any reasonable person, liberal or conservative or moderate, would want to be seen in that light.

In one very, very touching episode Archie and Meat-Head were stuck in the basement together. It shows just how troubled Archie's past was... you felt sorry for the guy. Down deep he had some sort of a heart that got pushed aside.

It'll be interesting to see Maude again. I might just rent it.

Are these syndicated cuts or uncut?

Dan

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Dan Hitchman said:
I don't think it's completely fair to say Maude was a liberal and Archie Bunker a conservative per se.

Bunker, in particular, was mainly portrayed as a loud-mouthed, closed-minded, insufferable bore, a lout, and a biggot. Is it OKAY to be that way? I don't think any reasonable person, liberal or conservative or moderate, would want to be seen in that light.

In one very, very touching episode Archie and Meat-Head were stuck in the basement together. It shows just how troubled Archie's past was... you felt sorry for the guy. Down deep he had some sort of a heart that got pushed aside.

It'll be interesting to see Maude again. I might just rent it.

Are these syndicated cuts or uncut?

I watched the 1st 5 shows , they hold up well, damn Funny Stuff

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm hoping this is selling well despite not getting a lot of promotion in the papers. I got a lot of friends who love Golden Girls to pick this set up, so I did my duty as a Bea Arthur/GG/Maude fan

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Oh, please don't let this fall into the once-a-year release pattern that still plagues AITF.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm peachy keen with once-a-year as long as we actually get all six years, we know how Sony is when it comes to abandoning shows

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
It has sold pretty good for a first season and for a show THAT old..
PlayUSA was out of stock yesterday that I checked and Amazon ranked it in its top20!

moogaboo

Agent
Real Name
John H.
I'm happily surprised at how much incidental singing was cleared for this dvd. It seems like every episode has a character singing a line or two of some classic number, and not cheap ones, either. (At one point, Maude even belts out "Some Enchanted Evening" from South Pacific!) It's especially surprising to get a completely (as far as we know) unedited set of a tv show from so many years ago, that hasn't even been popular in reruns. What a great dvd.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I bought this show as basically a blind buy. I'm 12 episodes in, it is a really great show and it is a shame it has sort of gotten lost in time. Hopefully enough people get season one so there is a season two.

Paul

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Same here! a complete blind-buy!
I concluded the 1st season leaving me with wanting more!!

If they dont release Season 2 soon, I'LL RIP THEIR HEART OUT!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
same here, the show was blind to me too... and I'm glad I checked it out!

I disagree with those who argue the show is too dated. Yes, it is to an extent, but many of the debates argued about on the show are still debated about in 2007. Yes, there are Nixon jokes that go over everyones head (I am willing to bet in season 2 and 3 they had a field day with Watergate and Nixon's resignation) but for the most part, the show still has it's spunk and attitude.

I hope we see the rest of the seasons too

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Maude to her husband: You always feel me underneath you (meaning that he thinks he is superior in the relationship)
Walter: I NEVER felt you underneath me (!!!)

The whole conversation changes to sexual in a second (you got it right?) and here is Maude's facial expressions (which Bea Arthur is most famous for even in Golden Girls) for an entire of 20secs of audience laughter........

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Has anyone heard of a release or announcement for the 2nd season...if they go this slow it will take several years to get the entire series.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
No news yet unfortunately..
Dunno if "All in the Family" is owned by the same company but THAT series took years to release (1 set per year I think).. (Maude is a spin-off as you know of AITF)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks