What's new

Angel Season 4 dvd transfer (1 Viewer)

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I recently bought 55" inch RPTV and have been checking various tv show dvd releases I got for their picture quality. Yesterday I decided to check how Buffy and Angel would look like and noticed huge difference in Angel's season 4 dvd transfers compared to say season 2,3 and 5. Season 4 looks really soft and unfocused unlike the other seasons that have sharpness and better picture quality. Since I have R2-version I was wondering if R1 has this same loss in quality compared to season 3 or 5? Am I right that R1 doesn't have these great "previosly in Angel" summaries? Could it be that R2 has been sourced from a different master than R1? I'm aware that R1 doesn't suffer from NTSC-PAL conversion, but does season 4 look qualitywise somewhat like the other seasons also? Thanks! :)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
With the sole exception of season 5, no R1 box set of ANGEL has the "previously on" segments.

Here's a quote from the DVDTalk review of ANGEL Season 4 regarding the video quality:

I've noticed that it is a bit softer than others, except obviously the non-anamorphic season 1, but it's not much of an issue to me.

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Nicholas!

It seems R1 transfer doesn't suffer as bad as R2. I'd definately upgrade to R1 but won't because of those missing previosly parts. Shame. Hopefully they will add them back if and when the HD version is released.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I wish I had the R2 versions because of the recaps, the UK DVD trailers (yes, I love those things) and the book binder packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks