What's new

ANDY GRIFFITH REPLACEMENT DISCS (1 Viewer)

CIULLOCAMNY

Agent
Real Name
CHRIS
:confused: Hi everyone. I would like to know which season and which discs from that season of The Andy Griffith Show were sans the laugh track. I spoke with a very charming representative today at Paramount Home Entertainment about the I Love Lucy replacements and I asked her what other collections had faux pas in them and she couldn't remember which season it was, but said that it was like the first two discs that have no laugh track. So I am asking the brain trust of this web site to come through for me so that I don't have to go through all 7 seasons that I have in order to find the correct one. Many thanks in advance !!!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Season 4 -- Discs 1 and 2 only.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...e=ReviewDetail

NOTE -- These replacements have most of the canned laughter restored on the soundtracks, with the odd exception of the last few minutes during the episodes "A Black Day For Mayberry" and "The Sermon For Today", where the laughter has still not been re-inserted on the supposedly-fixed DVDs (as of April 2006 anyway). Weird.

To request the replacement discs, send a Season-Four Proof-of-Purchase to:

Paramount Home Entertainment
5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA. 90038

CIULLOCAMNY

Agent
Real Name
CHRIS
Paramount rep didn't say. But she did emphasize that all the newer discs will be in all current shipments going to the merchants. Now whether that means in-store merchants only or both in-store and on-line merchants I do not know. This includes Andy Griffith and I Love Lucy. Lucy has an entire all seasons giftset as well. You would think that the merchants would pull these off the shelves because of faulty discs and then when the good ones come in, stock the shelves with them. What's screwed up is that on these re-pressings or re-releases, there is no indication that these are the newer versions. At least I was unable to find any kind of writing on the box sets that would indicate this. So good luck in your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks