What's new

Anchor Bays DVD schedule till end of 2002 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I don't know if people know that Anchor Bay has a DVD schedule on their website.
http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/future
Return of the Killer Tomatoes
Doesn't Return to Horror High have Marcia Brady in it???
I remember seeing this on USA UP ALL NIGHT A long time ago.
I've also heard great things about Transylvania 6-5000
AND, does anybody remember 18 Again.(Charlie Schlatter(spelling?) & George Burns)
Plus Jennifer Runin(Ghostbusters, in beginging) is in it
yum.gif
(back then)
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on September 01, 2001 at 07:30 AM]

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, I do remember 18 Again. And Like Father, Like Son... And Vice Versa, which was the best of this misbegotten trend.
Reading upcoming Anchor Bay release lists is essentially a definition of the word "disposable" in "disposable income." Meaning that I'm gonna be broke after buying a lot of this.
Did they get the rights to "Wings of Desire" or not? I know that was in flux from MGM-- and that they did apparently (like "The Stunt Man") get the rights to "Paris Texas" from Fox.
[Edited last by Mark Cappelletty on September 01, 2001 at 05:51 AM]

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
What happened to the Incredible Hulk TV movies from the late 1980s that had been planned for release late this year or early next? Have they been canceled?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I just read the synopsis of Stunt Man over at Imdb, since I have NEVER seen this.
This movie sounds like it would be great! NOW I WANT IT!
I will recommend "Fraternity Vacation" to everyone. pure Tim Robbins fun!
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on September 01, 2001 at 07:31 AM]

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Ladykillers and Lavender Hill Mob in late 2002....Funky! 3 disc Stunt Man and Clockwise? Oh its all good. :)
Dan (UK)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
CLOCKWISE!!
Holy crud! I didn't even see that!!
90% of these movies I haven't even seen, I'm looking them up on IMDB, and I already want alot of them!!
------------------

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm gonna pick up:
Evil Dead, The - Limited "Book of the Dead" Edition
and... that's about it.

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
Man, am I getting impatient waiting for the Mad Mission / Aces Go Places series. Much longer, and I might have to break down and order the HK DVD's.

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
Having never seen them I wanted to see what people thought of the Sleepaway Camp movies. I know that the first one is out now and noticed the others are coming next year. Are they worth picking up? I also have never gotten around to seeing The Wicker Man and wondered what people thought of that one. Is it worth getting at all and if so is the Limited Edition worth the extra cost? Thanks!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Making Contact - Director's Cut Early/Mid 2002
Yay! (Even if this title was originally announced to come out in early 2000, hopefully AB will finally release it in 2002).
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
a) Michael Nesmith's Elephant Parts-must have now
b)Moonlighting additional episodes-don't know how Anchor Bay does tv shows, but this is one series that needs to be seen chronologically. Any idea whether this will be episodes in order or "best-ofs"?
c) Brittania Hospital-never saw this but I always wanted to. Anyone know if it's worthwhile?
Too much good stuff...overloading!

Julie K

Screenwriter
I can't believe no one has mentioned the Bad Taste limited edition! (And although they don't say it on the list, it's pretty much confirmed to be a 2 disc set. How cool is that?)
EricCr, I'm a real big fan of The Wicker Man and will of course recommend you pick up the LE. It's a very unusual and special film.
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Count me in for The Initiation. Always glad to see early 80's slashers get released on DVD. :)

GaryEA

Second Unit
Looks like it's going to be a good year for AB, though I have to admit the omission of "Wings of Desire" has me disappointed. Maybe someone else grabbled it?
-g

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
GREAT!
The Initiation
Bad Taste
Evil Dead
Timerider
The Beastmaster
Fraternity Vacation
Halloween 4
.....just to name a few that I'll be getting....Anchor Bay rules!

Tanner

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only one psyched about the release of Sleepaway Camp 2&3? They are easily my favorite horror films of all time.

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
Kurt N,
I've had a copy of Nesmith's Elephant Parts since 1998 whe it was released by DVD International (the folks who distributed Video Esentials). Does anyone know if the Anchor Bay version will be different from the current release?
------------------
"What is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women..."

Link Removed
Roykirk's DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks