What's new

3D An Advance Look at "3-D Rarities" from the 3-D Film Archive and Flicker Alley (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Bob, do you happen to know when Flicker Alley will start shipping the pre-orders, or do they keep you out of the loop on things like that? ;)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The long-lost BOLEX STEREO will be seen for the first time in 63 years on 3-D RARITIES. This historically significant film contains the first stereoscopic footage to be photographed underwater!

13s12f_PAIR.gif

3m38s23f_PAIR.gif

7m30s19f_PAIR.gif

Attachments

• 10308064_888948441118261_6525022766281291141_n_edited-1.jpg
    10308064_888948441118261_6525022766281291141_n_edited-1.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 46

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
Thanks for the update Bob, our pre-orders will be coming soon, can't wait! Thanks again for all your hard work and efforts.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Greg Kintz has done more to restore and preserve vintage 3-D films than anyone I've ever known. I've had the great pleasure of working with Greg over the past 12 years and his recent work on our 3-D Blu-ray releases has been exceptional.

3-D RARITIES was quite a challenge as every single short had its own unique problems and baked-in anomalies. Greg never gave up and always went above and beyond the call of duty to make each film look its absolute best.

Today is his birthday and I want to publicly acknowledge the outstanding work that he has done for the cause of 3-D preservation. We are all richer for his tireless dedication and passion. Please join me in saluting Greg on this special day.

Happy birthday, Greg!

Greg.gif

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Greg, have a terrific birthday...one of many more to come. Your work is a boon not just to 3D fans, but to the history of film as a whole. Without the work of people like you (and Bob), I'm sure many of these selections would remain lost, deteriorated, or at least never available to be seen by the public and film lovers everywhere. So please accept both my congrats, and gratitude for preserving some film history both for ourselves and the generations to follow.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Happy Birthday Greg!

Thank you so much for the wonderful 3D titles that you have worked on and will work on in the future.

GregK

Screenwriter
The Mrs and I went to a few concerts over an extended weekend break and just returned home. Wow! Thank everyone sooo much for the birthday wishes and very kind remarks. .. And then discovering 3-D RARITIES has made it to Ron's #1 recommended 3-D viewing list is icing on the cake! Cake for all.. and hopefully 3-D Rarities as well!

Also looking forward to seeing whomever can make it to the MoMA showing next week. (Am sure it's no surprise to this group) with 3-D, bigger *is* better, and I can't wait to see this shown on the cinema screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks