What's new

3D An Advance Look at "3-D Rarities" from the 3-D Film Archive and Flicker Alley (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed the article on you guys and also an earlier one on Carnival in Costa Rica. No end of surprises when one gets introduced to a site he's previously unfamiliar with.

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Bob, I love that trailer!

Now, you may have already said, but is it possible for some of us to buy copies of the promotional poster for 3-D Rarities, and if so, where?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Thanks, David!

We're looking into the possibility of selling limited-edition prints of the artwork. I'll let you know how things develop.

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
David M. Ballew said:
Now, you may have already said, but is it possible for some of us to buy copies of the promotional poster for 3-D Rarities, and if so, where?

I don't really have the wall space for it, but it is an excellent poster.

fxrh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam Calvin
Just now ordered mine! (It will be my 122nd 3D Blu ray.) Bob, keep up the fantastic work!

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Say, Bob, is that Dr. Julian Gunzburg playing the ophthalmologist in the short M.L. Gunzburg Presents Natural Vision 3-Dimension, would you happen to know? Or did they hire an actor? Somehow it never dawned on me to wonder before now.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
No, that's an actor. I wish I knew his name!

This is a photo of the Gunzburg brothers.

Natural-a.jpg

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
I had a random memory this morning.

Back in 2006, at the second World 3-D Film Expo in Hollywood, I was fortunate to own a festival pass, which entitled me to see every single screening. I missed maybe two.

One night a young man about my own age, maybe a little younger, settled into a seat nearby and started chatting enthusiastically about finally—finally!—getting to see Doom Town, which he had been waiting long years to see. In fact, he kept referring to it as "my Doom Town."

My heart rose in my throat. He had already missed it—it had played two nights before!

I told him this as gently as I could, but he refused to accept it. He got up from that spot in the balcony, probably to go find a festival organizer or staff member to verify my information. I never saw him again. I felt so terrible that he had missed this rare 3-D short he so badly wanted to see.

So my thought today is that, whoever you are, good buddy, you get connected with Bob Furmanek’s 3-D Rarities, and finally get to see "your Doom Town." It's a good one.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
62 years ago, this amazing 3-D short was playing in theaters around the country. We preserved it a few years ago from the original 35mm negatives and in just a few weeks, you'll be able to enjoy this beautifully restored film on 3-D RARITIES.

Was it a short count?

Rocky May 18 Chi.JPG

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks