What's new

All Things Disney Music Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Uh...so...no notification of a delay. Preorder is still showing on my Order screen as the 9th. When I click the link for the product page, I get a doggie, not the release. This one hasn't been mentioned on the Disney Music Emporium Facebook page as far as I can tell...

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This one hasn't been mentioned on the Disney Music Emporium Facebook page as far as I can tell...

Yeah, that's what's so weird about this. I haven't seen this release mentioned anywhere other than Amazon, and in this thread, and of course we got the information from Amazon's listing.

Let us know what happens next week, Jason. Thanks!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'll be very curious if you both actually get it next week or not.

The lack of availability does seem to be something related to this specific item, since Amazon is accepting orders for other Disney CDs, including pre-orders for the Frozen cast album due April 6. So, at least we can safely rule out a Disney-Amazon CD spat like the Blu-ray one we are currently enduring.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Seven minutes ago, the Disney Movie Emporium page posted this photo of the artist who does the covers for the Legacy Collection, Loralei Bovay (apologies if I'm screwing up the spelling of her name), working on Beauty and the Beast. They captioned it "Something enchanting is coming soon." I think this confirms that the release is going to happen, but also that it won't be next week, since they would have said so if it were. Obviously, we don't know how long the photo was taken. But they would say something like "Coming next week, preorder now" or whatever if it were that close, and no such luck.
BATB.jpg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Wow. Please let us know what's on there when you get it. Thanks, Mike!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I can also confirm mine shipped today, with Batman: Gotham by Gaslight. Delivery day is supposed to be Tuesday. The package left Minnesota this afternoon.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Interesting. Mine hasn't shown shipped yet, but it does say Arriving Friday. When I click the link for the soundtrack, I get a Sorry we couldn't find that page. Looks like they are not taking anymore orders for this one. I also see that it is no longer available on the Barnes and Noble site.

I'm really hoping I get this release. After the "Arrow The Apartment" fiasco I'm feeling rather uneasy right now.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mine said the same, Rodney, until it actually shipped late yesterday afternoon. Likewise with the product page. My first clue to check was Mike's comment above about his shipping notice.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ I heard about it somewhere (I forget where). Prolly decently enjoyable if you like the movie. It never held much for me, though I do own it and will likely get the CD at some point in the future.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Today is the 65th anniversary of Peter Pan's release back in 1953.

Peter Pan poster.jpg

I wonder if it will be in line for a Legacy Collection release a some point this year? All of them except for Beauty and he Beast have been timed to significant anniversaries. I don't have the original soundtrack for Peter, so I would certainly buy a Legacy edition. It is one of my favorite Walt-era films.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mine said the same, Rodney, until it actually shipped late yesterday afternoon. Likewise with the product page. My first clue to check was Mike's comment above about his shipping notice.
So later in the day I did get a shipping notice stating I would receive this on Tuesday, and then today I get it in the mail. Strange goings on indeed, but glad to get a copy of this!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm actually more excited about Roger Rabbit because it means hopefully the other hybrids still have a chance of expanded reissues, and whether they come from Disney or Intrada matter less to me than how much of the songs and score they cover.

Peter Pan will come eventually*, but I don't know what actually is missing from the 1990s CD issue since I never managed to buy it.

*They still play Michael Jackson songs at parties and events like half-marathons.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It...has...arrived.

full

full

There's the contents.

I have yet to listen to any of it. I shot images of some of my other B&tB OSTs and CDs to try to get a sense of what all is actually new here.

1991 OST

full

full

2002 IMAX re-release OST

full

full

1994 Music Behind the Magic release:

full

full

LOTS of cross-referencing to do! :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The important thing to me is that the score is now interspersed with the songs instead of separate, and the title song takes its rightful place before The Mob Song instead of after.

I'm also curious if the running time actually requires it to be two discs without having all of the songs from the body of the movie on one disc. The only other Legacy edition that has actually split it across two discs is Pocahontas.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm also curious if the running time actually requires it to be two discs without having all of the songs from the body of the movie on one disc. The only other Legacy edition that has actually split it across two discs is Pocahontas.

I can't figure out how to display the total time of each disc on my home setup tonight, Jake. And not for lack of trying!

But I know I'll be able to do it easily tomorrow at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks