What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
All That Money Can Buy is William Dieterle’s fantasy bit of folklore and a genuine classic.

All That Money Can Buy (1941)

Released: 17 Oct 1941
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 107 min

Director: William Dieterle
Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Romance

Cast: Edward Arnold, Walter Huston, Jane Darwell
Writer(s): Stephen Vincent Benet, Dan Totheroh

Plot: A nineteenth-century New Hampshire farmer makes a pact with Satan for economic success, then enlists famed orator Daniel Webster to extract him from his contract.

IMDB rating: 7.6
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Criterion
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1
Audio: English PCM 1.0 (Mono)...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Great review, Matt! I just picked up a copy from my local Barnes & Noble along with Poor Things using the gift card I got from my parents for my birthday.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Hey Matt! Great review! Makes me want to see the film again, especially with this gorgeous master. I was talking to Bruce Eder today, and he said the last time he added anything to the commentary was in 2006, when it went from Laser Disc to DVD. He hasn't touched it since.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Hey Matt! Great review! Makes me want to see the film again, especially with this gorgeous master. I was talking to Bruce Eder today, and he said the last time he added anything to the commentary was in 2006, when it went from Laser Disc to DVD. He hasn't touched it since.
Thanks for the information. It's clear it was edited with additional remarks added (volume levels are different). I guess he added commentary when it went from laserdisc to DVD?

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Thanks for the information. It's clear it was edited with additional remarks added (volume levels are different). I guess he added commentary when it went from laserdisc to DVD?
Yes. In 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks