What's new

Alistair Cooke's "America" (1 Viewer)

Ronald G

Grip
With Mr. Cooke's recent passing I got to wondering if this series is out on DVD yet or if anyone has heard if it will be released? I haven't seen it in 20 years but remember it as being very good. Thanks

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I doubt it. You see, it's an example of good quality television from a time when companies such as the BBC (one of the partner companies in the original production) could make programmes not solely intended to appeal to Epsilon Minus cretins with attention spans of goldfish. Bringing out America (or for that matter, Civilisation or The Ascent of Man) might make people realise what utter crap is being made these days. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sorry, I've just had a very trying day. :frowning:

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I'd say the chances of it getting a DVD release were very slim, except that the series was recently repeated here in the UK, on one of the BBC's digital stations. I believe this may have been the first time it's been seen here in at least a decade.

Even knowing that the series still exists might spur someone into releasing it on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks