What's new

Alias - 4/18/04 - Hourglass (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
She'd have to be too, because Sydney was 26-27 in the pilot, I believe. This is taking place at least a few years later. I'd expect Sydney to be 30-31, and the sister to be mid-twenties.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Irregardless of Syd's sister, though, nothing was ever stated on the show that precludes Sloan from being Syd's father, right?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
A DNA test would easily rule Sloan out as Sydney's father (or prove that Jack was Sydney's father). Plus, the affair appears to have occured years after Sydney was conceived, and Irina was obviously moving on to greener pastures.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
But then Sloan's conversation with Dr. Barrett makes no sense. His big revelation to her was that Sydney might be his daughter, but he had never taken a test to determine one way or the other. If the time span of the affair was way off, there would be no question he couldn't be.

This little point nags at me because since Season 1, fans have speculated that Sloan might be Sydney's father, thus explaining the tenderness he has shown her from time to time. To have him admit the possibility to Dr. Barrett, and then for the plotline to seemingly drop this angle, is very frustrating.

James T

Screenwriter
I don't think the sister angle changes anything with Sloan's conversation with the doc. She was the one who speculated that he might be Sydney's father and Sloan just played off that.

The season one and season two stuff that show Sloan showing affection towards Sydney is just Sloan's way of filling that void with his missing daughter.

What did Jack inject Sloan with at the end of the episode? I thought Sloan would survive b/c of that green stuff he injected in himself a couple episodes back. Or was that suppose to be the same stuff?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sloane survived because Jack laced the wine he brought to Sloane's cell right before his execution with something that counteracted the "lethal" injections.

No telling what Jack shot Sloan with to jolt him back to life, maybe adrenaline.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Finale title and the mythical one:
Check out the new episode title on tvtome for the finale. I guess what else what left but for the blasted Rambaldi to come back to life?

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

That's not saying much, but I agree. :emoji_thumbsup:

Much better this week. I anticipated the Flash Gordon ending (just glad Jack didn't kiss him ;) ), but Ron and Vic were on top form, so the whole final act worked a treat.

I'm really getting sick of Rambaldi though. I've completely lost track of all his silly, useless inventions (heart, hourglass, sundial, toaster, handbag etc) that are so tenuously linked to each other in order to forward the main arc - which isn't that interesting anyway.

BTW, if Sark mispronounces "know" as "noo-oh" or "neo" again I shall scream.

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

I missed the toaster episode, could someone help me??

Liked the episode, but not my favorite so far...good to get back to the semi-cliffhanger endings instead of the neat little stories we had for several episodes this year.

Seriously, next season we find out that Rambaldi invented "Mouse Trap" and if you set the game up a certain way, the mouse will end up pointed in the direction of the "Other passenger"

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Great episode, and I dissagree, this season has been very entertaining.
One thing , they tricked Lauren and at the end her Mom knew they had been deceived. Didnt they think that there would be some retribution once they found this out?
From what I see from the previews there is but, you would have thought that they would have done something to prevent this from happening and so soon too.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
They really run this show like an oldtime saturday afternoon serial. Very enjoyable, glad I chose this one over 24 to Tivo this week, the last 5 minutes were great.

Graham Perks

Second Unit
If Sloan has spent years & OmniCorp looking for his "daughter", it would be a bit silly if Syd turned out to be the girl.

Why oh why did he say "he's never taken the test" to see if Syd is the daughter? Yet this episode he claims searching for his daughter has been all-consuming.

I love the show and the twists, but if Lauren is the sister I will wretch!

Graham Perks

Second Unit
It doesn't mean anything but going by actors Sloan looks more like he might be Syd's Dad than Jack does.

The Dad's are really turning out to be the best characters on the show!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, the affair could have lasted a while.

Basically, we're supposed to assume that Sloan could have in fact fathered BOTH of the girls. At least, that's what I got out of it.

DanHaya

Second Unit

I don't think we'll ever see Irina on screen anymore. I recall reading an interview with Executive Producer Ken Olin (formerly the whiny yuppie on thirtysomething) where he indicated that Lena Olin (no relation to Ken) would likely never appear on the show again.

Hmmm...I wonder what happened on that set?

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
It was reported earlier this season that they couldn't come to terms. IOW, she probably wanted more money, or really didn't want to be bothered so raised the more money issue.

James T

Screenwriter
I'm still kinda new to this Alias world, but I remember reading an interview on the net with Lena about a possible role in season 3. She said it was in negotiations and if they did manage to work it out, it'd be close to the season's end.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I believe they'll work the $$$ issue out to at least have her back sometime in the future of the show.

If not, at least a single episode. It honestly isn't horrible that we're not seeing her now, they've worked the story out, but it's just a little GRRRRR inducing, cause she's such a great character.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.