Alias - 4/25/04 - Blood Ties

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kevin Porter, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

This should be fun. Last week's episode was by far the greatest of the season and I hope the streak lives on in this one. Sloane died in one of the coolest sequences Alias has ever done last week but was then resurrected by Jack because he "needs him" (Not like that). Tonight they will start the quest to find SpySis. And according to what I've read, the infamous green goo makes a return tonight

I want Kendall to come back if only to give Sydney and Jack someone to get mad at all the time and to be told "Agent Bristow you're out of line". It never gets old. "Agent Bristow you're out of line". Gotta love it.

Who's the guy who helps out Jack, and may or may not be on smack:

Brill!

They say this cat Brill's one bad mother...

Shut your mouth

Tonight: Enter SpySis!

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Pretty good episode.

Jack and Sydney are related biologically based on DNA tests.

Sloan's still got some tricks up that crusty ol' sleeve of his as he leaves both Sark and company, as well as Jack and Sydney, in the dust once the Passenger (Nadia) has been rescued from a Chechnya prison.

Vaughn gets the crap shocked out of him as Sark used all sorts of torture technique to find where the Passenger is. Lauren's been totally exposed as the mole, so the point of no return has been reached for her.

3. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Good stuff. [​IMG]

4. Matt Goddard

Matt Goddard Stunt Coordinator

I'm always defending plot holes and the like but sometimes it's too much. If they can track SpySis by her brain waves halfway through the episode, then why can't they do it at the end of the episode? I didn't see Sloan putting an aluminum foil hat on her head.

Still a great episode, though. I especially enjoyed Syd at the Smithsonian.

5. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee

The geeks in love bit was great, as was Vaughn's puberty insult to Sark.

6. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

And next week Katya's back! And so is Vivica A. Fox! Oh yeah!

This was a very good ep but there was one thing I didn't get. Supposedly the hourglass would only reveal the location of the passenger to Sloane, yet all he had to do was smash it, then feed the green goo into the device from the Smithsonian. How did the hourglass "know" it was smashed by Sloane? Seemed like anyone who knew what to do with it could have learned the Passenger's location.

- Guy

7. Michael St. Clair

Holes, holes, holes.

And why didn't they have Lauren's mum under constant surveillance? She should have been in custody the moment Lauren vanished.

I'm sure next week they'll say she went awol when Lauren did.

I love the show, but there is no excuse to not tighten up the writing.

8. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

The brainwaves-from-space scanner idea was beyond ridiculous. They could have been more convincing by saying that mobile phones had government chips in them to identify the brainwave of the caller, and relay that information with the call. Of course, that wouldn't have helped in the search for spy-sis.

The silliest bit of writing this week though was Sloane tipping off Sark, and relying on Sark to a) arrive only after they had got Nadia to the safe house, and b) not to catch up with him, with less than a minute's headstart. Pity the CIA didn't think of that: all they had to do to capture Sark was to phone him and give a bogus location for The Passenger, where CIA agents would be waiting. That's what Vaughn should have done too. Oh well.

Oh yes. The wonderfully-convenient tunnel into the prison. Enough said.

But all in all, a decent episode. There was a good Charlie's Angel fight scene, and Marshall's look to Weiss was hilarious. And I've been waiting to see Vaughn tortured for a while now. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Sven Lorenz

Sven Lorenz Supporting Actor

Yes, but in season five we'll probably find out that she's his mother and not his daughter. [​IMG]

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Irina always did seem to wear the pants in the family...

11. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Here's my thoughts. Sloane took his daughter out of the safehouse to protect her. He is going to get the Rimbaldi information out of her, so that no one will need to do the proceedure on her, and so she won't be tracked down by either side. Otherwise, she would never be safe.

Plot holes aside, I love this show!

12. BobbyPerry

BobbyPerry Stunt Coordinator

I'm with you on this all the way. I want to ring Sloane's neck every week, and he's like a cat with 9 lives...he never dies.

13. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

No, that would be SARK...

I turned to my mom during the brainwaves part and said to her "You know, I love this show. It's just pure escapist fantasy. I love it."

14. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    Well, they sure shot down the possibility of Sloan being Syd's Dad with one simple line of dialogue after years of speculation.

I didn't like how Syd was talking about how she could never quite understand the bond Will had with his sister behind all the joking putdowns, implying that now she understands because she has a half sister. No, it's far from the same thing, Sydney. His bond was created by growing up together and having a relationship. It does not exist simply because you are related by blood.

15. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I agree muchly. There can be a bond, but it's not NEARLY the same as someone who grew up with a sibling would share.

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

But there's a sense of obligation bound by blood, regardless of a minimal history, that can provide an impetus for some people to embrace siblings that come to the fore.

17. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Good episode but what was with all the weird Sci Fi elements all of a sudden. I know the Rembaldi device has been along these lines but the grean glob in the hourglass and the brainwaves thing was a bit much.
    And I still dont see why Vaughn wouldnt have suspected that once they found out he played Lauren that they wouldnt have tried to get back at him or anyone else.

My big question is, how did Sydney just Waltz into the prison and then just waltz out??

18. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

They showed Syd entering the prison via a ventilation shaft/duct. Presumably that's the same way she and Nadia left.

19. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy

She did it because they already had 52 minutes of plot, and no time to show the break in. We all know she can do it, so why show it! [​IMG]

As my dad used to say, when I'd ask why?

"Because, if they didn't, the show would stop right there!"

20. Mike Soltis

Mike Soltis Stunt Coordinator

Didn't we have a lot of those on Star Trek? Like the one where the transporter was hosed ("The Enemy Within") and the men on the planet were freezing to death, you're thinking "What happened to all the Shuttlecraft??"

Kinda liked the episode, even though you knew Lauren's 'change of heart' was bogus ! !