What's new

Alias - 3/28/04 - The Frame (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Well, it's obviously an acceptable contrivance of the story, though I suppose if you're living the espionage lifestyle you're going to examine even the smallest details and go with your instincts rather than anything concrete.

A more obvious contrivance (or something that is unrealistic but is acceptable to a point because it's TV) are the shifts in facial expression in the duplicitous characters. At the end of this episode did Lauren really have to open her eyes and stare into space like a pod person? Would her keeping her eyes closed and just smiling have been just as effective with more subtlety? Or just continued to sleep?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I noticed something similar on 24 season 2. One of the characters smiles and the music goes "dun!!!" and I was wondering "what if president palmer looked over right then..." "What are you smiling about?" ;)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
They have completely changed Lauren's make-up and lighting since she was revealed to be a double agent. It's pretty funny, actually. They have yet to give her a pencil moustache to twirl or shown her smoking cigars in a dark room with co-conspirators, but it's only a matter of time. :)

Regards,

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I really didn't care for this episode at all. This is starting to resemble Smallville in that everytime it seems like something cool is about to go down, they reset everything back to square one. I hope Jack is just playing it cool and waiting for Lauren and her mom to slip up.

I'm surprised no one else has brought this up, but was I the only one who noticed that the date which Jack logged into Lauren's terminal was 3/26/04? Now I'm sure you're thinking what's the big deal. That's right around the date this episode aired. One small problem. The whole premise of this season is that Sydney's been missing for 2 years. And since it had been established that the timeframe of the previous seasons coincided with that of the real world(references to 9/11 and the Patriot Act back this up), shouldn't Season 3 be in the year 2006 by now?

Pretty sloppy writing if you ask me.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Well, it's sloppy, but I'm not sure it's writing. Probably someone in the prop department created the screen from a vague description and whoever is responsible for monitoring continuity was more focused on things like costume, make-up, cigarette, or liquid level in glass conditions. :)

Regards,

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

I'd buy that the 9/11 reference and the multiple references to the Patriot act took place in the year 2002. Besides, Vaughn said "You've been gone for ALMOST two years" so no problem with me.

John_VI

Second Unit
This entire episode seemed contrived to me. Bungling CIA agents, super-evil plots that are discovered and then fumbled, warp-speed action. It's like they're ttrying to cram too much into each episode to satisfy the attention-challenged among the audience. "Screw character development, let's cut to the chase!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks