Alias - 4/18/04 - Hourglass

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kevin Porter, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

Ooooh. Tonight's is gonna be good! From the spoilers I read (I regret! Never read spoilers guys) tonight's is going to knock everyone's socks off. If you must know...

For one, David Carradine's Conrad is coming back. And he's going to tell Sydney who exactly the Passenger is. And the passenger is...you ready for this?...you're gonna regret it...Sydney's sister! That's right! Sloane and Irina's child!! That's gonna be freakin' awesome!

I really do regret reading spoilers. But at the same time I'm excited!

By the way, does anyone recognize the quote in my sig? $20 to the first guy who guesses it. Well, not so much $20 as much as the satisfaction of being a internet dork and a pat on the back...

2. Peter Bunora

Peter Bunora Auditioning

CJ Cregg from the WEST WING

3. Kevin Porter

Bingo Peter! Extra credit if you can tell me who she was talking to and what episode it's from.

4. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Sir Olden Brown

From the episode "Laughing Through the Jungle Fever"

Looking forward to a new Alias. I'm mucho excited.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I got chills from Jack's last statement to Sloane re:

what he'll do to Sloan's daughter because of what Sloane did to Sydney in recruiting into their spy world due to envy.

Love badass Jack!

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

This was a fun episode, lots of good stuff to springboard into more directions.

Jack is still the man, always one step ahead.

Now will Vaughn see the light of day now that he's got 2 Covenant ladies on his tail.

Oh, poor Monk Bill, too bad he was dispatched by Sark. I was hoping he named the Passenger BB. [​IMG]

7. Robert Ringwald

I just thought of something...

Arvin Sloane was put to death for his crimes...

Didn't he technically fulfill that? I mean, he was dead right... even for a little while...?

I think that would make an interesting idea for a movie, or a series or something. Because they should technically be free from what they did. Kind of like Double Jeopardy, and how the movie handled a way to trick the law.

8. Kevin Porter

That was without a doubt the best episode of the season. One of the finest editing pieces of Alias with that song with Syd's mission and Sloane execution. I really wish Conrad was still with us though. Why kill him? There would have been so much to do with that character. Oh well. So Sydney does have a sister. I bet she's evil!

And I must say, Ron Rifkin and Victor Garber showed off their acting chops in full form tonight. Sloane is consistently my favorite character and I was panicking when they were executing him. Even though I knew in the back of my head that he wasn't going to die and that he'd be back next week I was still going nuts. And so Sloane's endgame since Countdown has been to find his daughter correct? Or is this just part of an even larger endgame? Was anyone else kind of grossed out during the "wedding pictures" scene? I mean, her mom was right downstairs too! Anyway, I can't wait to meet SpySis.

9. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

So did I. I'd be scared for that half sister.

SpySis...LOL!

I was watching the execution, and I couldn't believe they were actually going through with it. I was like DAMN!

Then I was like, "that couldn't of been real".

Good episode. Glad somebody finally Killed Bill. (I didn't see Vol 2 yet.) Don't yell at me. You think that was a little joke by the producers?

10. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

National Security Advisor Nancy McNally in "The Women of Qumar".

11. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Do we really know that was Syd?? For all we know it was Spysis pretending to be Syd, but secretly she performed the "aforementioned manuever" and the Monk took his ______ ______ right before Sark seemingly did him in. [​IMG] Rambaldi was/is? certainly not limited to movie release dates.

12. Kevin Porter

Right on the money Vic.

13. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

Solid, solid episode. I thought they really killed Sloane! As noted above, the scene with Jack and Sloane in the cell with the wine was excellent. Jack's become my favorite character on the show - he's one guy you don't want to screw with.

Anyone have any idea if Irina will actually put in an appearance sometime before the season ends?

14. Robert Ringwald

Nope. We'd have heard about it by now, unless it was deeply kept secret. As far as I know, the final 3 episodes are likely in the can.

15. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

I'm tired of Jack's petty behavior. However, I have grown to like Sloan.

Be Seeing You,
    David Blackwell

16. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

show of hands: who thinks that lauren will turn out to be spy sis. I know, groan, but that's how this show works, y'all.

Great episode.

Best line: Marshall: "We're going to do this Old school." [​IMG]

17. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

My Replay Tv randomly choose "24" over Alias,I guess I have to catch the rerun.

18. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    I don't understand why Jack doesn't wonder if Syd is Sloan's daughter -- he never asks exactly when the affair took place. Isn't that the first thing you'd wonder? After all, Sloan himself told Dr. Barnett that he has never taken a test to determine if he is indeed Syd's father, meaning the time frame would make it possible.

19. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I've assumed the affair or the Passenger's conception was shortly before Irina "died," otherwise wouldn't a pregnancy be rather hard to conceal despite all manner of spy gadgetry? I guess that doesn't really preclude Syd being Sloane's daughter, but only if Sloan, Jack and Irina were acquainted that far back. Which means the affair would have been going on for a few years!

20. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I thought it was clear that Sydney's half-sister would be around 4-5 year younger than Sydney based on the timeline presented to us in the conversation between Sloan and Jack.