What's new

Al Green and Stevie Wonder-What are the best recordings to own? (1 Viewer)

Van Patton

Second Unit
Get "Songs in the Key of Life" by Stevie Wonder. I think its his greatest album ever.
------------------

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
A great Al Green compilation is available as an import, but is priced reasonably domestically (around $20 for a 2 disk set.) The Hi Singles: A's and B's is hard to argue with, although some might complain that it is not comprehensive enough. In addition to Green's hit singles from his "classic" period, the set contains extensive liner notes and lots of photos (including a great one of Al Green and David Bowie.)
Aside from purchasing all the original albums (which are totally recommended, but could run you four times as much money; and since I have the old Motown 2fer CDs that I haven't upgraded I can't recommend the Hi re-issues with any authority) or the 4 CD boxed set (which I have problems with since it contains interview segments which interrupt the music,) I think this set is probably the best alternative currently available.
And you should check out Al Green's church if you're ever in Memphis!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Stevie Wonder:
Innervisions
Talking Book
Fulfillingness' First Finale
Songs in the Key of Life
Al Green:
Al Green Explores Your Mind
Call Me
Let's Stay Together
I'm Still in Love with You
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks