What's new

Adire people help me out... (1 Viewer)

RobLJ

Stunt Coordinator
I'm wanting to build a sub for my HT. I've heard people swear by the Shiva. But what Adire sub is the best for me. I've got a large open family room with vaulted ceilings. Thanks for the help.

Rich Kraus

Stunt Coordinator
if you own your home and can tolerate "the hole" you owe it to yourself to research an IB sub.

just check it out, thats all i recomend. :)

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Rob,

I definitely agree about the (Infinite Baffle) IB sub option if you'd consider it. Though, with vaulted ceilings, you'd have to have a basement area or a big closet that you could use for this application (I'm assuming that you wouldn't have an attic.)

FWIW, I've got a vented Tempest (290L sonotube, tuned to 17.5Hz) in a 3000 cu. ft. living/dining room open to a 1000 cu. ft. adjacent room. Also open to hallway and pretty much the rest of the house. It does very well in this space. If you go vented with a Shiva or Tempest, you're going to have a large enclosure unless you go with Passive Radiators (PR). I don't see any reason to go with a Shiva over a Tempest unless you're concerned with enclosure size.

If you can afford it, a Tumult with PR's and 1Kw of power will suit you well, too.

A few answers to a few simple questions will get you much better responses. What are you room dimensions (or cu. footage)? What's your budget? Are you more concerned with decent SPL's in general, or are you wanting to plunge the depths (below 20Hz) of modern movie soundtracks?

JKS

RobLJ

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the input. I need to go measure the room I guess.

As far as what I'm looking to achieve....it's purely for movies.

Budget...well if I can spend an easy ~$500 on an SVS, I'd like to stick around there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks