My experience with Adire audio.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Travis Cain, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Travis Cain

Travis Cain Stunt Coordinator

Well, unlike most of the people who frequent this forum, I live less than 10 miles from Adire(their new address).. So, today I ventured off to purchase my tempest and 2 pr-15's.. This was their first day open at their new address. I showed up at about 9:40am and they don't open until 10:00am, but I saw folks inside so I thought I would give the door a try a little early.. Success! Upon entering, I was greeted with a warm good morning and introduction from none other than Mr. Dan Wiggins, himself. After telling him what I wished to purchase, he took me into the warehouse area to pull them. The warehouse was in a slight disarray which is completely understandable and expected since their official address change was only 2 days ago.. He hopped in the forklift and pulled down a pallet of boxes.. I had asked if I could get the pr-15's pre-mass-loaded which he was happy to oblige. It was kind of cool to see the CEO of a company with pink hands from palming all the modeling clay and packing it into my PR's. THAT's what I call service. The few lingering questions I had about the design I had in mind were answered and explained to me very courteously. He never made me feel like my questions were dumb or like I was wasting his time. By the time all the mass loading was done, all the questions I could think of were answered. We then went back to the office area with me new equipment where I happily paid cash. After the receptionist gave me my receipt, Dan offered to help me carry my new parts out to my truck which I declined. I was so happy with the great service at that point, I just wouldn't have felt right asking for more.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my expierence with Adire Audio, and would/will recommend them to everyone. Dan is da man!

I just thought I would share this with all of you since 99% of you aren't as fortunate as I am in living so close.

2. While I have never purchased anything from adire, I can say that your experience with the Adire crew seems to mirror their hospitality over at the gathering I was at during CES.

they have a good thing going for them!

3. KyleGS

KyleGS Second Unit

I agree- I expect nothing less from them. Its really nice to deal with people like Dan W from Adire. Its a rare thing today./

4. GaryLP

GaryLP Agent

I wish I lived that close to Adire...I'd love to give them a visit.

5. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Nice story. How far is Adire from Seattle? My wife is from there and we are going this summer. After checking out my twin Darren Thomas, maybe I can swing out there as well.

6. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Dan has helped me with designs using the tempest driver which could be one of the reasons I got 3 of them.

7. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

Good for you Travis. I'm bummed because I have to drive to Lynnwood now to see those guys. I work downtown so I could just mosey on over and get whatever I needed on my lunch break. No more.[​IMG] I'm happy they have better digs now. A great American success story. [​IMG]

8. Ryan Hawke

Ryan Hawke Agent

I've had great luck with them too! I visited them to pick up a Shiva right around the time the Tempests just came in (he even opened one up and showed me!). I was really happy with the service I got and I saw him at CES this year and saw he hasn't changed. His business is a rare one.
    --Ryan

9. Shayne Judge

Shayne Judge Stunt Coordinator

I have ordered items from countless online vendors, and none have given me the quality service and support that Adire does. Anybody considering purchasing an item online for the first time should consider this company. Recently, I began putting together my 281 and 81 kits, and when I had a question, I called their phone number and was talking to Dan Wiggins within five minutes and had my question answered.

A class act[​IMG]

10. Greg Yeatts

Greg Yeatts Second Unit

I have been dealing with Nancy from Adire today. She was a pleasure to deal with.

11. Travis Cain

Travis Cain Stunt Coordinator

12. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Well it looks like I'll be paying them a visit when I visit this summer. Thanks

13. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

I'll jump in and second Tony's comments. I too met them at C.E.S. and they are nice folks. C.E.S. was oozing intellectual, knowledgable, techno babbel, and a few exhibitors, including Adire, also were down-to-earth nice people who you could have a friendly conversation with.

14. and that Hank guy...he wasn't so bad himself [​IMG]

I suppose that Kyle and Danny were tolerable too...just barely though[​IMG]

15. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Tony, remember, you are technically my employee and I can fire yer ass [​IMG]

(For those wondering, Tony isnt actually an employee except during the week of CES)

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Just another "The Folks at Adire Audio are a fine bunch!" from me.

17. Kyle, are you supposed to be filing TPS reports or something? I can let you borrow my swingline stapler if you wish [​IMG]

18. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Tony,

I love that movie! [​IMG]

I spoke to Dan Wiggins today for the first time. He was very helpful and easy to talk to.

19. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Yes, a hearty [​IMG] for the Adire audio folks. Dan's great, I've been pestering him with idiotic questions for years.