What's new

Adding Power Amp Modules To JBL E50 (1 Viewer)

Ron_L

Second Unit
I've been toying around with this idea for a while now and I'm looking for a budget powered speaker system for my home studio.

I've thought about building the speakers but that is pretty expensive to get the decent drivers, so what if I got a power amp module from Marchand and modded it to the JBL E50?

Would this work??

Ron_L

Second Unit
50 views and no ideas???

Any suggests?? What are decent plate amps??? Marchand???

Ron_L

Second Unit
Any decent monitors are VERY expensive.

Plus I thought this would be a good DIY project.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Ok, well which Marchland units are you looking at using? Are you going to convert them to use an active crossover?

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Check out www.ApexJr.com and the amp page.

I think he has some amp moduals that might work for your experiment and they were priced reasonble..Tho you might need to do some modding to them.

As to if this type of amp set up is what your looking for and power wise enough, that I don't know.
Just not enough info from you to tell.

Steve of Apex did have them, not sure if they are still available. He had two types just a short time ago..

Still don't understand your reasoning for wanting to possibly attemtp this.

But, hey we all have tried some crazy over our head stuff at one time or another in DIY-ing something. ;)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not these. Very neutral sounding, easily worth three times the price. Check the reviews!

I’ve been using mine for a few weeks now and absoltely love them. Contrary to what many say, they really could use a sub, though. An sealed DIY with an 8” driver and plate amp from Parts Express could easily be built for way under $150

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks