What's new

Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo Series (1 Viewer)

Josh Wears

Auditioning
Hello, I am just about to buy a Denon AVR-2803 (or a AVR-2805 depending on price and availablity), and both receivers have 7 channels although the 2805 comes with Pro Logic IIx which sounds somewhat nice to me. Now for the speakers, this is where I am not quite sure on what would be best for me. I don't exactly have a large budget because I am just a high school student but I can buy speakers over time which would make me perfectly happy. For a while I was looking into Infinities Primus series mostly because of my lack of budget and my anxiety to get this system going. This sounded good because I could get 7 speakers for a reletively cheap price, but I am also aware that there 7.1 format so figured that I could get 5 really nice home theater speakers and then get the extra 2 sometime later on down the road. So I looked into the Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo Series, which has been highly praised by What Hi-Fi? magazine, and I wouldn't need a sub becuase I already have an ok sub for now. But of course I cannot find any sites in the US that sell these, and their price tag contains some larger numbers. So I was wondering if it would not be that much of an upgrade from the Primus series? I want this system to sound really good and I don't mind waiting to get more money. And for a second question, even though this is the speaker forum the AVR-2803 is a 7 x 90 and a semi-older model, and the AVR-2805 is 7 x 100 and is a brand new model. Thanks for your opinions.

Josh

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
budget?

im up in KC too :)

I believe Kief's in Lawrence sell AE

PS what is your sub?

Josh Wears

Auditioning
I guess my budget would probably be somewhere around 1000 but I can go more if it's worth it. My sub is JBL PB-12, I have heard its not the most reliable sub ever so I might be replacing it in the near future. Plus I'm in not extremely impressed with that fact that there is no pitch definition and it bottoms out quite a bit, so if you have any suggestions for a new sub that I could look into then please suggest.

Josh

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
ok, i was wrong about kief's, I just checked AE's web site.
I cant find the speakers i was thinking of, sorry

here is kiefs price list though on some stuff.
http://kiefs.com/top_brands_bookshelf_speakers.html

$1000 and in highschool... dang
TOO BAD YOU DIDNT GET TO BRANDSMARTS CLOSEOUT SALE.

well is this all in your bedroom or basement?

Josh Wears

Auditioning
First of all, thank you, second, I work a lot of hours and lastly, this will al be in our "Famliy Room" it's a fairly good size room and just about right for speaker placement.

P.S. - My family greatly appreciates all the money I spend.

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
there is the HT store , Continental video at 105th and metcalf, west side next to fox and hound. they have a good speaker selection. Audioport at 97th and metcalf has very high end stuff but it would be worth the visit to get a good reference for what things "should be". Also if you can make the trip, kiefs is always a good place to go. If brandsmart in brookside is still open, they have M&K too.

Personally I have some DIY speakers so I cant recomend any I havent really listened too. if its mostly for movies, id stick with 2-ways all around and then upgrade the sub when you can. As far as receiver, I cant recomend any either cause I run seperates.

keep this thread going and keep me up to date. ill see what I can do for you. but I want to hear it when its all done :)

Josh Wears

Auditioning
Thank you so much for all of your time. I will let you know what's going on. I really appreciate this. Thanks again.

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks