1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

ABC Prepares to Reboot 'V'

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mattCR, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

François Caron
    Maybe. Just maybe. A science fiction remake can strike gold twice in a row.

From what I could see in the trailer, they didn't go overboard on the special effects. Hopefully the effects will be isolated only in the areas where they'll be the most needed.

It's funny how it initially looked like a rip-off of Independence Day, which was a rip-off of Arthur C. Clarke's book "Childhood's End". [​IMG]

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I just watched that trailer and I think it looks pretty great. Lots of actors that I really dig too...Scott Wolf, Elizabeth Mitchell and especially Morena Baccarin from Firefly.
    [​IMG]

3. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

I did notice that the ship was not round, like the one on the cover of the Ballantine edition of "Childhood's End" and the ones on "ID4".

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I found it funny that Laura Vandervoort is playing yet another hot blonde alien from outer space. Talk about typecasting!!!

5. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    Good one. I think the trailer made it pretty clear though that some of the visitors were already here as an 'advance group', something they touched on very briefly in the original series, but never really fleshed out. I think that could make for an interesting story. They've refered to this as a "limited series" so I don't know if they have a plan for it to just be 13 eps and over, or what the thought is.

6. Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H Supporting Actor

Hey, as long as she parades around in the least amount of clothing as possible for network TV I'm all for it. She sure looked HOT in those Smallville episodes. I'm just hoping she has a lot of alien-human "curiosity".

7. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

call me underwhelmed with the promo.

i will still watch to see where it goes. and given some of the strengths of certain actors involved i hope that it does well.

also, i think making it a limited series is a good idea. if networks were smart they would do this often instead of dragging stuff out ala heroes or prison break or even the 4400. it still burns my britches that we didn't get to see where the 4400 ended up going.

there are many japanese anime that are 24-26 episode arcs that are engrossing to watch. but they are done at the end.

perhaps some suits of this side of the pacific could take note.

8. ShwetaPrakash

ShwetaPrakash Auditioning

ShwetaPrakash
    I have spent three days searching for some common reason for this.its help me [​IMG][​IMG]

9. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Screenwriter

Willard
    I recently rewatched the original two miniseries on dvd and plan to watch the series from the 80s on dvd as well. I love older shows. If done well, this may work. Hope it has more success than the new Knight Rider did.

10. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

I think they're using BSG as their model, not Knight Rider.

11. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Screenwriter

Willard
    Thats all we need. Another soap opera set in a scifi frame.

12. Phil_L

Phil_L Second Unit

This thread inspired me to whip out the DVD of the original mini-series. Everytime I watch it I become a wide-eyed 6 year old like I was when I saw it for the first time on tv. Can't wait for the reboot!

13. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

It was hinted at in John's initial speech atop the UN Headquarters in V that they had cures for diseases which we had not discovered yet. It was not until the Final Battle that he was going to "make good" on that.

I guess in retrospect, it would have only made sense for them to cure us of our diseases as it would have only increased the available food supply to draw from.