What's new

A little advice needed on a specific sub..... (1 Viewer)

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Hey I have an opportunity to get a velodyne ct-120 subwoofer. I can probably convince my friend to go fairly low, like under 150 or maybe even lower. My system so far is fairly entry level, because I'm 16 and don't have a lot of spare money, and it includes:

paradigm titans mains
paradigm atoms surrounds
paradigm cc-170 center

I don't get opportunities like this very often and I have been anxiously waiting for a couple months to complete my system. I went to audioreview.com and the reviews for this sub were either incredible or very low, so I'm unsure. What I've got so far is that it is very loud, which I like, and it's not that great for music, which I don't like. I like to listen to music that is bass heavy, but on the other hand I have no experience with subs so I'm sure I would think it sounds great either way.

Thanks a ton for any help you guys can give
Eric

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Eric,

The CT120 was my first home theater sub. It did a very respectable job for the money I spent which at the time was $400. So, for $150, I think it would be a great addition to your system. Tom Nousaine had high praise for it when he reviewed it several years ago for Stereo Review. It managed 87db at 20Hz and if memory serves me correctly that was in his very large 7500ft3 room. Quite an accomplishment for a budget sub!

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Sweet thanks for the advice I think I will go ahead and get it, unless someone has some serious complaints with it.

Thanks again
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks