What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Boy Friend -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
My copy is still on its way to the UK. If you type in Ken Russell on YouTube, there's a lot of interesting stuff about him, including a 50min BBC doc. "Ken Russell: A Bit Of A Devil. I bought Twiggy's bio for 50p in a charity shop last week, some interesting stuff in it about The Boy Friend. While they were talking about the possibility of filming it, Ken Russell's mother phoned & said there was an amateur production where she lived & would they be interested in seeing it, & apparently it was pretty bad & entertaining for all the wrong reasons, which gave Ken a few ideas on how he was going to film it. She also talks about an American record producer friend called Bruce Kimball (!).

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
She spelled it correctly on her manuscript and somehow whoever copyedited the book screwed up that and a bunch of other stuff. She felt very bad. And I wrote all about our experiences in my book Album Produced By.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I finally got around to watching this tonight, I loved it. I didn't see it at the time as it wasn't my kind of film then (I was more of a, Clockwork Orange/The Devils guy in those days). Ken Russell didn't make anonymous looking films, any film he directed could only be a Ken Russell film, the picture looks stunning, & I do mean s-t-u-n-n-I-n-g, of course it all starts with David Watkin's amazing cinematography. Twiggy is great, but for me, Antonia Ellis just about stole the film (her sort of clunky dancing is so appealing). If only all (or most) catalogue movies looked this good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks